SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my M47 2000 miles ago. At the same time I replaced all related parts (clutch, cable, etc..). At the time the clutch pedal was fully "up", even with the brake pedal. After 2000 miles it would sit quite a bit lower than the brake pedal. I adjusted it today. I had to turn the nut on the cable quite a few times to return it to it's original height. Is that a normal adjustment? When I test drove it the clutch pedal would not return. According to the Bentley, it's a return spring issue. When I bought all the parts I bought a spring too. When I got under it to replace everything there was no spring so I didn't put the new one on. If it should be there where are the attaching points? I can't find a picture anywhere. Are the two issues related? Thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: clutch question (ncvolvobob)

this sounds very normal. as you use it more and more the cable really stretches out. if it runs out of adjustment too much then id be concerned, but other then that it sounds completly normal.<p>as for the spring.... yeah that would be a problem. id try to get that fixed asap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts