SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,<br>1)60K on my stock clutch (57k by original owner) and its starting to squeak the first 1/2" of travel. Usually have the stereo up but now I hear the squeak...anyone else have this problem? Cure??<p>2)How many people have upgraded clutches? I've seen a few recent posts...I KNOW I will need a new clutch sometime in the next couple years (hopefully LATER than sooner) and want something more durable, but not a race clutch. Just something that can take some moderately aggressive launches without smoking/car falling on it's face. Dont have anything major done for power, just chip/exhaust. My big things are daily drivability AND I want this to be the ONLY clutch I ever buy for this car. <br>My OLD ('o7) A4 was right around 300ft/lbs and could take some pretty serious 4,ooo rpm feathered launches like a champ...stock clutch....THATS all i want!<br>Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What do you mean it squaks the first 1/2 of travel?<p>For me, I seem to get a "click click click" sound when I am riding my clutch a bit to go from N to 1 and also from N to R... is it the same problem you have?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: (Percy311)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Percy311</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No,<br>I mean that when I push my clutch in the clutch pedal squeaks!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I have the same problem but have been to lazy to drive to the dealer, and I remember someone saying that volvo has this problem recorded and basically it's a poorly designed Clutch Bearing Valve I think that's what it is called, and if you are under warranty I believe they replace it with the newer better designed spring, however it takes a long time to install so if you are not under warranty you may wanna just live with it...<p>But by no means does this mean your clutch needs replacing.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I got the spring replaced twice. If you are still under warranty just bring it in. There should be no charge. Better to do it now since summer is coming and it gets a lot more sqeakier when it's hot.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet....thanks for the help<br>I know that THIS isnt the reason I 'need' a new clutch....but I will soon enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts