SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had issues with the clutch pedal sensor going out every few months or so. I just noticed the jerky feeling when shifting as well as poor performance and loss of cruise control the other day in my R. I'm currently on my 3rd sensor. If I remember correctly, I read that brake fluid may sometimes leak onto the pedals causing the sensor to malfunction. The sensor didn't seem wet whatsoever. Any help would be appreciated as i'd like to solve the underlying problem!

Info:
s60r 2004 6mt 120k miles

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I found when mine started malfunctioning that the spring in it was causing the contacts to sometimes lift when pushing the pedal to the floor.

So I cleaned it up, removed the spring and put it back together and haven't had any issues with mine for years since I did so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I removed the spring, cleaned the sensor, and reinstalled it. Still having issues. I was messing around with it thinking the bar may have bent slightly and accidentally broke the pcb. Once I get my new one (#4) I'll remove the spring first and see how long that lasts.

Also bump for anymore suggestions/ideas as to what keeps causing mine to break?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts