SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, basically it only happens under WOT after going into 3rd or 4th, and it's only happened twice. Clutch would only come back about halfway, but still operable and no slipping. I had to put my foot behind it and pull it back up, and it went back to normal. Again, only happened when doing fast shifts.

I just replaced the slave a few weeks ago, and I've driven at least 1,500 miles since. It's normal now, and immediately after it happens.... Could it be from air possibly in the clutch line? I could bleed it again....

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you are not loosing any brake fluid, bleed it again.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Did you have a shop do your replacement or was it DIY? If a shop did it then def bring back to them for a warranty. Hopefully it's just air.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have a shop do your replacement or was it DIY? If a shop did it then def bring back to them for a warranty. Hopefully it's just air.
Did it myself. I only bled it a couple pumps... Like I said though, it's been fine 99% of the time.. Only those two occasions. I'll try bleeding it some more I guess, and see if it happens again. Unless you guys have more suggestions. It was a brand new OEM slave cylinder.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interesting. my new-to-me '07 S60R is behaving similarly but it doesn't get stuck half-way, there is just a delay in the pedal coming back up .. to a point where I can feel it hit the bottom of my foot after I let off the pedal.

Makes me wonder if there is something going on with the clutch hydraulics or if it's just a pedal stickiness issue.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Interesting. my new-to-me '07 S60R is behaving similarly but it doesn't get stuck half-way, there is just a delay in the pedal coming back up .. to a point where I can feel it hit the bottom of my foot after I let off the pedal.

Makes me wonder if there is something going on with the clutch hydraulics or if it's just a pedal stickiness issue.
Watch your brake fluid level... Your slave cylinder may be on its way out. Do you have any tiny oil spots after you've parked overnight?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
My slave failed with no loss in fluid. So be aware it can happen. When mine went the peddle just dropped to the floor though.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Watch your brake fluid level... Your slave cylinder may be on its way out. Do you have any tiny oil spots after you've parked overnight?
I just replaced the slave less than 2,000 miles ago with brand new OEM. It's not leaking.

Edit: just realized you were talking to someone else

·
Registered
398 Posts
Have someone hold the clutch pedal to the floor. Then have them side-step the clutch to release it as quickly as possible. If the fluid bounces around in the reservoir (with the cap open of course) you still have air in the lines. If there's a minimal disturbance, you're probably fine.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have someone hold the clutch pedal to the floor. Then have them side-step the clutch to release it as quickly as possible. If the fluid bounces around in the reservoir (with the cap open of course) you still have air in the lines. If there's a minimal disturbance, you're probably fine.
I will do this.. anything that could help diagnose helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts