SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade my 2007 S60R 6-speed MT to 400-450 hp. The transmission has been leaking, so I need to replace the transmission seals and clutch.

Does anyone have any experience with clutches for higher hp? I'm not sure which clutch kit/flywheel combo to go with.

I'm considering SPEC clutch kits and an aluminum flywheel from viva performance.

Since I have no prior experience in performance building, I definitely could use your suggestions.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
SPEC Clutches and Viva flywheel is one of the only solutions in the States. Havnt heard anyone complaining about them on these boards so far.

Are you looking to rebuild your engine to achieve your desired hp? Bolt ons will only get you to about 400hp...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
SPEC Clutches and Viva flywheel is one of the only solutions in the States. Havnt heard anyone complaining about them on these boards so far.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Are you looking to rebuild your engine to achieve your desired hp? Bolt ons will only get you to about 400hp...
I plan to upgrade the turbo, downpipe, catback, intercooler, and do an ecm upgrade, eventually I may rebuild...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if Viva Performance's aluminum flywheel will work with any of the SPEC clutch kits other than the 3+? (i.e. the 2, 2+ or 3). The description on the item only mentions volvo OE clutch kits or the Stage 3+.

The only reason I'm asking here is that I can never get a response from Viva Performance, either when I call or email them.
Any info you have would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
27 Posts
The reason we suggest the 3+ is because its built to handle the power of the R better than the 2 and 3 stage clutches.

Our SMF and SPEC stage 3+ is the best package for the money.

Please direct any further questions to [email protected]

We would be more than happy to help answer any more questions.
Viva has been closed most of the week because of the holiday

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got my flywheel from specclutches.com. The are an online seller of only spec clutches. It's the same as viva. They share the same smf parts. I had a stage one, and went back to a factory plate and clutch disk on the light weight flywheel.

I saved some money buying from that site, I also go the slave and other smaller bits from tasca.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It's the same as viva.
Not a chance in hell they're the same as ViVA's customer service and support for our community, presales and support after the sale. You're new around here so just saying, for anyone who might've read that and not know better. George rules.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Viva and George do rock! Nothing against them at all.

I am a new Volvo owner, valid point.

However, I am a consumer with an active Internet connection and am willing to repost information found on this very forum.

I do not install any of these parts myself, I have Volvo of OKC do it all so support is available for basic things like a clutch.

I also will say that ipd and Tascha ( what ever its called ) are all wonderful place to buy from.

Volvo parts dept - I hate you!

I was very pleased with my decision and the saved cash went to the flag hours of a pro install!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my flywheel from specclutches.com. The are an online seller of only spec clutches. It's the same as viva. They share the same smf parts. I had a stage one, and went back to a factory plate and clutch disk on the light weight flywheel.

Just curious...How did you go from the 10mm dowel pin size on the flywheel for the SPEC clutch kit down to the 6mm dowel pin size for the factory kit? Are there spacers you can buy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts