SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my just replaced my spec stage two +clutch 10000 miles ago with a three+. The new clutch is starting to slip right during springtime. After the clutch job it ran fine but had a few strange issues that i have never experienced with the car. Now somehow the clutch isnt slipping but i feel it will start to slip again in the future. What do you guys think is causing this premature clutch wear?

#1: clutch engagement/bite point is/was changing
#2: i had a flashback looking at the parts during the clutch job, i vividly remember noticing 2 of the fingers on the spec pressure plate being lower/higher than the others. Does this mean the pressure plate was causing uneven wear on the clutch.
3#: i had the old SMF resurfaced should i have just gotten a new spec SMF instead of resurfacing.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?514041-Clutch-Job-2004!-Without-lift-or-Engine-support

Im probably going to have to do this job again.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bent fingers usually means poor disengagement. It won't really affect clutch slippage per se, although it is not a good thing. I would have sent the parts right back again.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Bent fingers and re using flywheel is my guess on why your having issues. Clutches are tough and sucks to change. If mine acts up again not sure what route I would go. My Spec 3+ was good now have TTV Twin had some fitment issues with it. Man I don't want to pull it apart again haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts