SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I recently drove my '07 S60R and notice the clutch was light on pressure. The next day the car would not start and the clutch had no pressure on it at all, to be clear it pressed in without effort, and the car would not start if in gear. When the car is in neutral the car starts fine, but wont shift into gear. From other readings, it seems this could be the slave cylinder, but I'd like to check other issues as well before I have it towed to the shop.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thank you all for your help and support!

-Ben

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Check and see if you're missing brake fluid.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Your brake reservoir is split. The clutch fluid is in the back. You have a bad slave cylinder. Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thats what I was afraid of, Atlanta, Ga. Any tips on shops, I see you are in CT, so probably not, but worth asking.

-Ben

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Ok, thats what I was afraid of, Atlanta, Ga. Any tips on shops, I see you are in CT, so probably not, but worth asking.

-Ben
It's worth asking your dealer what their clutch job price is. If they quote around $1.5k it is a good rate. Add another 800-1000 for a new flywheel if it is worn out.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Make sure the fluid is to the very top of the resevoir, the hose for the clutch master will run dry if its even a little below the top of the reservoir. Chances are the slave is shot, but make sure you have fluid going down the hose into the master to be sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts

-Ben
What part of town are you in? Check out Professional Automotive Repair on Monroe Drive in Buckhead. I've had great experience w/ Lance and staff there. I also know someone that drives from the east side of town to Professional Automotive's Marietta location, so that's gotta say something as well.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts