SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch seems to be engaging just a bit later than it used to...not dramatically so, but it doesn't grab quite where I'm used to it engaging (maybe 2/3 of the way out now vs. 1/2 way before). I haven't detected any obviously slipping...it's just engaging later.<p>Is this a sign that I'm headed for a new clutch? 26,3XX miles<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Re: Clutch engaging later...bad sign? (BlueDevil)

if you need a new one.... spec has 15% off of the stage III+ this month

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

With a hydraulic and self-adjusting clutch shouldn't the pedal engagement point theoretically remain the same regardless of wear level on the pressure plate?<br>

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts

Assuming the clutch has not been abused, I would expect it is more of a clutch actuation issue as oppossed to a wear issue. <p>Could also be that you are seeing early signs of disc binding on transmission input shaft splines. Is it also difficult to engage at first start in AM?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Re: Clutch engaging later...bad sign? (rogersampson)

I replaced my clutch at 70,000 miles. It was starting to slip when letting out. The service tech thought that it had perhaps 5,000 more miles left in it. I decided to get the new one then, as I only plan to keep the car another 6 months. This puts my clutch actually failing at about 75,000 miles. Unless you are very hard on it, 26,000 miles sounds like too soon for it to fail. oclv

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: Clutch engaging later...bad sign? (R_Rated)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>R_Rated</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you need a new one.... spec has 15% off of the stage III+ this month</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I agree, i have Spec Stage III+ and believe me is amazing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Clutch engaging later...bad sign? (volvos60t5x)

Thanks for all the input, guys. I haven't abused the clutch although I did invoke that certain burning smell once (and only once) more than a year ago trying to climb up one of downtown Seattle's steeper hills.<p>I may just bring it in to the dealer to have them check it out...I'll be super bummed if the clutch needs replacing at 26k. <p>Where can I read up on the Spec III clutch?<p>Thanks.<p>

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

<A HREF="http://www.specclutch.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.specclutch.com</A>/

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>BlueDevil</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for all the input, guys. I haven't abused the clutch although I did invoke that certain burning smell once (and only once) more than a year ago trying to climb up one of downtown Seattle's steeper hills.<p>I may just bring it in to the dealer to have them check it out...I'll be super bummed if the clutch needs replacing at 26k. <p>Where can I read up on the Spec III clutch?<p>Thanks.<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>sometimes you just need once to burn a clutch and a few seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts