SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a stage 3 S40 T5.

65k miles and the clutch has begun slipping.

Options are:

1 - Focus RS Clutch.

2 - S60R Clutch with a Single Mass Flywheel.

Which would be the better, and cheaper option ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWD - AWD is VERY rare here in the UK.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Pretty sure the previous owner was a member on here. I've seen that car before.

I just did the S60R clutch with a SPEC single mass flywheel and love it. Super smooth shifting and about a 40% increase in clamping force...with minimal increase in clutch pedal stiffness.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I've been very happy with Spec SMF and Spec 2+ clutch set-up, BTW nice car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been very happy with Spec SMF and Spec 2+ clutch set-up, BTW nice car.
Is the Spec 2+ The standard S60 R clutch or something different ? (could you post a link if it is different please) thanks.

I've been on here before - but couldn't recover the profile Password and rarely used it (volvo_ben IIRC) so I created a new profile in line with my nickname everywhere else!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Spec 2+ will hold more torque than S60R clutch, they are not the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
which would last longer?

I would say depends on how you drive. I'd imagine that the Spec clutch is made for more abuse. If you don't track your car or abuse it very often, the R clutch will hold up just fine. I've heard that the pedal effort for the Spec is much stiffer. My pedal feel is perfect for daily traffic.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I would say depends on how you drive. I'd imagine that the Spec clutch is made for more abuse. If you don't track your car or abuse it very often, the R clutch will hold up just fine. I've heard that the pedal effort for the Spec is much stiffer. My pedal feel is perfect for daily traffic.
i auto x my car so yeah. i don't do 3k drops though. i start off the line like i normally would (slow) and then gas pedal to the floor.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts