SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well looks like my slave might have given out. I was driving on friday night and the clutch stayed on the ground...not fun at 1230. Means no rental car, no loaner fromt he dealer, and an $80 cab ride from the dealership...

At least it all shoulc be covered by the warranty!

Anyone ever experience this? BTW i drive spirited, but not like an 18yr old. Not clutch dumps or high reving, just 3500-4000rpm shifts...

·
Registered
861 Posts
well looks like my slave might have given out. I was driving on friday night and the clutch stayed on the ground...not fun at 1230. Means no rental car, no loaner fromt he dealer, and an $80 cab ride from the dealership...

Anyone ever experience this? BTW i drive spirited, but not like an 18yr old. Not clutch dumps or high reving, just 3500-4000rpm shifts...
It's extremely common. I'm sure at least 50% of the 6M's here have needed the slave replaced.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had a problem last year dont know if its slave cyl but garage called it clutch cylinder.
Clutch was not responding no more fluid the oil of the clutch is the same for the brake so lost brake function good thing i was not driving.
Apparently this part is not strong at all so being careful with the clutch is a must.
S60R on drag race is not something really...fun I learned $it$.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
855 Posts
Care to post how many miles your car has?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Clutch slave failure is a very very common issue with these cars. You are not alone. Funny thing is my clutch started slipping after I tuned the car and the slave cylinder didn't ever fail. I replaced it anyway tho. I believe the new slaves are an updated design.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I remember the days when a slave failure thread was greeted with KB after KB........those were the good days :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Where is pirate anyway?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Where is pirate anyway?
he's been absent/busy for sure, he responded to a 2+ week old pm last week. Not sure what he's up to though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay here. Car has 41k on it.

Warranty covered it in full... thank god. I have only owned this car for about 2200 miles haha

·
Registered
5,200 Posts

Curious if your brake fluids has been replaced over the last 2 years or not....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
George! Hows it goin? The brake fluid was topped off, but not flushed.

BTW, its Rob, I looked at your 05 a couple months back. Any luck selling?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts