SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,this may sound crazy,but it works. Although you may have to retreat often,it beats buying new lights.
Ok 1) I used a drill with a mothers ball type buffer.I used cheap toothpaste with baking soda,apply to lenses and light buff lenses.you may want to tape off painted areas,clean thoughorly with a soft rag and water till all toothpaste removed.
2) wax lenses with a plastic safe wax,let dry,then buff.
Almost there.
Now mix about 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol with about 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Mix well and apply to lenses with a soft cloth,and leave it on..
It will surprise you how long it last and the clarity of your lenses.
It will remain somewhat tacky but doesn't collect dirt.
To reapply clean with alcohol and repeat with mixture.
Now my lenses were pretty cloudy where my lights were crap at night.and now I see well on lowbeams. Surely if your lenses are corroded to the extent the plastic scrapes off with a fingernail,this may not work..
All I can say is ..try it you'll like it!!
Let us know what your results are.and merry Xmas
Danno

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was surprised at results.looked up different stuff for tire shine,and thought..hmmm,olive oil has hi melt point,and also isn't petroleum,which actually destroys plastic over time.
And wala..clearer lights and not deteriating the plastic .now all material is not the same and inside oxidation may not allow the results I got..but worth a try as I don't have 500$ to spend on lights..this cost me maybe 1.50$ and 20-30 minutes..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Brasso works wonders too I've used it from headlights to scratched up watch crystals definitely does the trick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts