SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve tried holding down the lock button for up to 10 seconds but the roof will not close. The doors lock and windows close every time but I can’t get the roof to close. I seem to remember trying this back in the fall after I took delivery and it worked fine but I gave it a try yesterday evening with rain threatening and I could only get the windows to close. Any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought only the windows go down when using that feature - the panoramic roof is not the same as a moonroof.

Now I’m curious though - I’m going to go try again and let you know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought only the windows go down when using that feature - the panoramic roof is not the same as a moonroof.

Now I’m curious though - I’m going to go try again and let you know.
Ah, good catch and that may be what it is. Perhaps I had had too much bourbon the time I thought I was able to do it

Anyway, I appreciate you giving it a shot.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 19 and the shade seems to close all by itself after I lock the doors on the panoramic if it is hot enough out - sometimes!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 19 and the shade seems to close all by itself after I lock the doors on the panoramic if it is hot enough out - sometimes!
Yes that is a feature that can be toggled on/off in settings. I’m a big fan as having it closed plus my tinted windows really help with this heat in the Carolinas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have any hard evidence to back this up, but I understand that this is not possible due to US safety regulations. On our other vehicle, there is a section on "Global Open/Close", and there is a note stating that Global Close is not available for US-spec vehicles.

Anyone in Europe able to close everything by holding down the lock key?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't have any hard evidence to back this up, but I understand that this is not possible due to US safety regulations. On our other vehicle, there is a section on "Global Open/Close", and there is a note stating that Global Close is not available for US-spec vehicles.

Anyone in Europe able to close everything by holding down the lock key?
There was another thread that had a user guide for Europe (I can't recall the exact country) and US, where the US version is missing the ability to close the panoramic moon roof's glass via the key fob.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
645 Posts
Another reason I wish we had a programming tool like Vag-Com for Volvo... it was always nice to be able to activate Euro only features if we wanted them. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
645 Posts
VIDA does not allow module reprogramming to my knowledge. With Vag-Com you can go into individual modules and turn specific features on and off. A great tool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts