SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, military sales convinced me after 3 months...2016 XC70 T5 AWD Platinum with met paint, climate package, and frnt/rear park assist, that is every option available on the 2016. $34,995 + $1,290 for shipping/processing to Italy where I am stationed, so $36,285. Car is Magic Blue with off black interior, was in stock at storage point in Ghent, Belgium so should be here in a couple weeks.

Now, the real headache is the 2016 Sensus navigation on US Spec cars does NOT work in Europe, crazy. Also the radio will not tune to even frequencies for European radio stations and the speedo cannot switch to KM, wild. Word is Volvo does not want to reflash system but I am investigating. Really pathetic to sell you a car on the Euro US Military sales program in Europe and the NAV won't work.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!

I have a loaner XC60 right now with the T5 AWD setup, and it's a pretty fun car to drive. Not too much power down low, but it's great on the highway. I think you'll really like it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Congrats.. is there an SD card with European maps that you can swap. post some pictures of the car when you take delivery. best of luck with it...... And thank you for your service, may you have a happy healthy safe Christmas and New Year.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Nice choice... In 2 years I'm planning on getting a 2016 T5 XC70. It is the right engine for the car. Hopefully they'll still exist then.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you scroll the display around your center dial (via the left stalk) I believe second scroll down shows KM's/H so at least you'll have a metric speedo. I think if you go into My Volvo in the config menu you can switch certain setting like F to C etc. You might be able to switch to KM's/H instead of Miles/H. I'm on my motorcycle today so can't check for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Car might be delivered next week and I will see what is up and get the local Italian dealer involved to se if he can flash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not here yet. Holidays in Europe slow the whole place to a crawl. Since most truckers are home for the holidays and most countries limit truck traffic I might see it next week but I am not counting on it. They don't know where it is or if it is has even left Ghent yet. I love Europe. Paid on 15 Dec and Volvo stated car was released for transit on 22 Dec so I doubt it was picked up until this week, maybe, and Wed was holiday (Epiphany) for most countries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the car finally showed up and we have been driving for about a month now. Volvo shipper caused a delay so I managed to get some extras, mud flaps, reversible cargo mat, and 5 piece rubber mats. Have about 2,000 miles and so far mileage is about 22mpg mixed and highway speeds are 80-90 so overall not that bad.

I love the car, quiet and comfortable. I know, pictures... As soon as nice day comes I will take some. The Km/H is on the display in small numbers but big enough to read driving. I plan on hitting the Italian dealer to try and convince them to flash the GPS with Euro maps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts