SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a working clock in my 67 1800S, but it losses a few minutes a day. Does anyone know which way to turn that little screw on the front to make it run faster?
This clock was worked on by Volvo Solutions quite a few years ago - (that's why it works). Too bad he's not around anymore, he had good stuff and did good work.

Thanks
Jim S.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Give Nisonger Instruments a call, I am sure they will help you. A bit of Googling will likely yield an answer as well...

·
Registered
331 Posts
One Google, first link...

pg10f.jpg

13 Clock
A Indicating scale
B "Inching" screw
C Setting knob

The clock is electrically driven. If the battery has been disengaged, the clock must be started by pulling out the setting knob (see C). If it is necessary to set the clock, first pull out the setting knob and then turn the clock hands to the right time.
If the clock shows a tendency to run too fast or too slow, this can be corrected by means of the special "inching" screw (B). Turning it to the right causes the clock to run more slowly, and turning it to the left makes the clock run more quickly. One graduation on the indicator scale (A) corresponds to about 5 minutes per day.
http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/1971/1971 1800/711800_01.htm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I just went out and turned the little screw ccw a little bit. My clock isn't quite like the one in that picture, I don't have any "inching scale" but it is a Smiths clock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts