SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Been hot here, using a/c daily in the '06SR. Had strange occurrence today, climate fan 'locked up'. Rheostat lights on dash moved, but fan stayed constant ON. Even stayed on with ignition OFF & key removed! Checked fuse panel on drivers side dash & pulled 30a fuse from #3, "climate fan". That stopped fan. Then, reinstalled fuse...

Next time using 'AUTO' climate control...same deal.

Quick web search found old links here & elsewhere, referencing fan resistor might be culprit?
Has anyone else experienced this phemon? Also, noticed some 'backfeeding' alternator noise coming thru factory amp when this happened...

Went ahead & ordered new resistor AND fan motor from FCP...figured may as well since I gotta take it out, anyway.

Just figured I'd bounce this out here, in case anyone is dealing with similar issue I'll take some pics of job, if it'll help???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, sorry...been out of pocket for a spell!
No, do not have 'afterblow' enabled...

Have since diagnosed this further. When turning on AC system manually, by dialing fan speed rheostat knob UP & hitting "AC" button, the system works fine.

However, if I simply hit the "AUTO" climate control button to initiate cooling to desired temp setting, this essentially 'locks up' the fan speed rheostat knob. The orange lights are frozen, and fan speed control knob is useless. The fan doesn't speed up, or down...just stays on a constant blow...

Seeing as how the system does cool when manually initiated, reckon the regulator is the issue. Have a new one in hand from FCP, along with a new blower motor, too. Will swap these in when time allows. Just happy to know that I can still cool off the cabin! Will snap some pics when I get the job done...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
You should look in VIDA for CCM codes... Your CCM may be on the fritz. The lights for the fan aren't for a rheostat... I am pretty sure the blower is PWM controlled as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts