SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,<p>My 06 xc90 is in the shop right now for a leak in the AC Condenser. The service rep said that they would recommend taking care of a climate control module software module at this time as well. it would give me two things. 1) i might be paraphrasing this wrong but she said the system would run an "afterblow" after i turn the car off to exhaust any moisture in the ducts and car. and 2) it would upgrade the damper control system. this would help out with another a problem i noticed where the passenger vents are colder then the driver even when the temps are set at the same. apparently this fix is not covered by warranty because its software and not a damaged part. <p>The cost on the software upgrades is $130... the ac condenser work is covered by extended warranty.<p>has anyone had this afterblow software upgrade offered to them? has anyone else had to pay for software upgrades to fix a damper problems? <p>thanks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Check over on the R forum, a lot of guys run that afterblow upgrade, it basically keeps the air from getting stagnant and stinking when you fire up the A/C the next time you get in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
extended warranty does not cover 'software upgrades' that's why the dealer is charging you. It is not covered because it's not necessary to fix the warranty item.<p>However, the warrantied item will eventually break again if the software upgrade is not installed. That's why the dealer recommends the upgrade.<p>I had the same run around with Volvo extended warranty and didn't get anywhere. I had them install it anyway just so we can forget about the issue.<p>fyi. my dealer charged $99 for software upgrades.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Re: (crash)

Afterblow <U><B>SHOULD</B></U> have been programmed prior to original retail delivery by the original selling dealer. There is a TNN or something similar instructing dealers to do this and it was dated with the introduction of the P2 S80 in 1998. <p>The notorious evap failures of the 850/x70 range is what prompted Volvo to program in afterblow on all P2 Volvos.<p>If you bought your car new from whichever dealer is servicing it at the moment, ask for it as a goodwill/courtesy item.<br>

·
Registered
760 Posts
My 2007 XC90 Sport does not seem to run the fan afterwards, and the A/C is very musty when the car is started up after sitting a while. This is my 4th Volvo, and I have not had this issue before. <p>

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Re: (ChicagoT5)

Then you need to have afterblow turned on. It works like a charm on my '08 XC90 V8.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Re: (bakerzdosen)

you'd know. <p>run the a/c on a hot/humid day and turn car off, wait 15-20 mins, and you should feel air coming out of the vents. that's afterblow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi All,<p>My 06 xc90 is in the shop right now for a leak in the AC Condenser. The service rep said that they would recommend taking care of a climate control module software module at this time as well. it would give me two things. 1) i might be paraphrasing this wrong but she said the system would run an "afterblow" after i turn the car off to exhaust any moisture in the ducts and car. and 2) it would upgrade the damper control system. this would help out with another a problem i noticed where the passenger vents are colder then the driver even when the temps are set at the same. apparently this fix is not covered by warranty because its software and not a damaged part. <p>The cost on the software upgrades is $130... the ac condenser work is covered by extended warranty.<p>has anyone had this afterblow software upgrade offered to them? has anyone else had to pay for software upgrades to fix a damper problems? <p>thanks

Did the software update fix the temperature difference?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took the car to the dealer to look into why not heat is coming out of the vents. After a through analysis the result was that the engine thermostat had failed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, turns out it's not the thermostat.

Now it appears that the heater core is clogged. There seems to be a jelly like substance floating in the coolant. They told me it's not oil, they don't know what it is. They're goig to try to flush the heater core.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Mixing incompatible coolant types or a stop-leak type product can do that. Fingers crossed the flush does the trick! Have them put all new coolant in to be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts