SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Lights on ecc unit blink on the 'circulate air' and the a/c 'off' button, blink for about a minute when i start car.
2. failed an at home- evaporator fix due to a hose near canister being loose- never got to fixing it.
3. After this, My climate control system doesn't work- the temperature system doesn't work, and the climate control fan unit only blows at my upper body- not to legs, or defroster setting, when i switch it to those settings.
4. I bought an ecc at a car yard but I get the same result.
Is there any wires in the back I could have left unplugged?
What is there I can do?
Should I bring to Volvo and have them fix it?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You need to have the code read with the old scanner at Volvo (or by someone who may still have one).
You could also pull the IAT sensor out of the dash and try to clean it but it may have had it requiring a new or a good used one.
Not exactly sure what #2 means, try better English

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JRL,
Thanks for the response. Number 2 means that in-between part 1 and 3, I did an evap job which maybe i forgot to plug in something when i put everything back together. And I was just letting you guys know that the job wasn't a success, to see if that had to do with anything. Just a thought. Is that better English?

·
Registered
228 Posts
What year is the car? The ECC is flashing because it has error codes stored, most common is the cabin temp sensor is bad/clogged, but also could be a damper motor that is broken or not plugged in. Depending on the year of the car you could use something like vol-fcr and a vag-com cable to read the codes out of the ECC.

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/diagnostic-tools/vol-fcr/38-vol-fcr-quick-guide.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts