SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My climate control panel has been dead for about a month and im pretty sure it happened from jumping my lawnmower. So ive been looking on ebay for used ones. I have a 2002 S60 and it has the 3 normal s60 buttons, but DSTC instead of STC. If i get one with the same part number from the same year, should it be able to work? Also, if it says STC instead of DSTC on the used unit, will my DSTC still funtion properly?

I was also wondering if a failing DIM could cause the ECC panel to go dead, because my indie told me that if i fixed my traction control (new yaw sensor) my ECC should work again, because it makes a circuit. So i fixed it and still no climate control, so now im wondering if the DIM is making it not complete the circuit? im confused haha

TIA,
Seamus

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think you can pop the buttons the buttons off from the old one and put them on the new one. Just try it and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to know. I'm also wondering what the requirements are to getting one that will work. Would one with the same part number work or does it have to be from the same year as well?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Your best bet is to find one from the same year model, S60, V70, XC70 are compatible. Then try to match all the 4 part numbers from your existing one.

If all the numbers match and is from same year model, then you have a 99% chance of plug and play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts