SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, this may be normal, but I'm hoping to ease my worry some. I have an M66 with just under 50k. Every time I shift there seems to be clicking noises. It's not exceptionally loud nor does it sound like a clunking noise. Is this normal? This is my first manual car, so I am not sure if this is normal or not.

The noise I guess is more so when starting and beginning to put load on the engine. Doesn't matter if it is downhill, flat, or uphill.

If it helps, I have the Snaab short shifter and the Virbra-Technics Trans Mount.

Please let me know if this is something that should be checked out since it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Does this happen when press the clutch when the engine is off? If yes, it is the little spring which pulls the pedal back. If no...

Does this happen when you change the engine load (accelerate/ease off)? Does it sound like this:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
wait is the shifting noise in sync with you using the clutch or with the movement of the shifter? I have some clicking with regards to the shifter movement. I have always thought that to be normal, but I could be wrong, being a newer owner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this happen when press the clutch when the engine is off? If yes, it is the little spring which pulls the pedal back. If no...

Does this happen when you change the engine load (accelerate/ease off)? Does it sound like this:
Not sure about when the engine is off, I'll check and get back to you on it.

It is primarily when starting out, not necessarily between gears (sorry for my previous statement).

wait is the shifting noise in sync with you using the clutch or with the movement of the shifter? I have some clicking with regards to the shifter movement. I have always thought that to be normal, but I could be wrong, being a newer owner.
There is clutch noise which I have attributed to being normal as it doesn't sound bad. The noise I guess is more so when starting and beginning to put load on the engine. Doesn't matter if it is downhill, flat, or uphill.

Edited first post to reflect some more detail.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well then, I feel like a complete idiot.

Went out to dinner with the family last night and the problem was getting progressively worse. So, when i got home, jacked it up and crawled underneath, I think I figured out what my problem was. Damn trans mount was coming loose. I managed to crank in to complete turns of the vertical bolt. Did a quick drive last night and problem seemed to be gone, and again while driving to work this morning, there didn't seem to be a problem.

Thanks again guys for the quick response and suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts