SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google searched clicking and brakes and couldn't find this particular issue.<p>Happens inconsistently when I ease off the brakes at low speeds, like pulling into my driveway which is downhill. A distinct clicking (repetitive click-click-click) sound can be heard from the left rear wheel. Any ideas?<p>Just had the brakes checked and they're all in good condition. (Although they squeak an awful lot, mechanic said this is normal for R's, especially at low speeds b/c of the high perf brakes.)<p>Thx.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by idiomaniak at 1:58 PM 7-14-2009</i>

·
6,436 Posts
Re: Clicking sound when coming off break at low speeds (idiomaniak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>idiomaniak</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Google searched clicking and brakes and couldn't find this particular issue.<p>Happens inconsistently when I ease off the brakes at low speeds, like pulling into my driveway which is downhill. A distinct clicking (repetitive click-click-click) sound can be heard from the left rear wheel. Any ideas?<p>Just had the brakes checked and they're all in good condition. (Although they squeak an awful lot, mechanic said this is normal for R's, especially at low speeds b/c of the high perf brakes.)<p>Thx.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>My guess is CV joints. <br>Are your boots leaking?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Clicking sound when coming off break at low speeds (tomedkaz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tomedkaz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>My guess is CV joints. <br>Are your boots leaking?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No, no leaks. New tires. The car sat for 4 weeks on the lot before it was sold, so lots of rust buildup. Only happens at lower speeds when the brake has been engaged and is then released slightly. If fully released, clicking stops. Worn brake pad? Rotor on that wheel has a small groove in it, too, for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts