SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 S40 T5 AWD M66, and my rotors have recently started to feel warped...so they are due for replacing. However, I get a NASTY rhythmic clicking under braking coming from the passenger side rear brakes. I jacked the car up and took a look, and even pulled the ABS sensor to see if there was anything on the ring. Rotor looked fine, pads have plenty of life, no rocks stuck anywhere, and abs ring is clean. Could it be a CV going back? Maybe a look return spring? Help!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Rear CV's have no in/out play - they are only directional.

That being said have you checked for a boot failure?

Does the clicking follow velocity - i.e. does it slow down as you slow down? Does it alter with severity of brake pressure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear CV's have no in/out play - they are only directional.

That being said have you checked for a boot failure?

Does the clicking follow velocity - i.e. does it slow down as you slow down? Does it alter with severity of brake pressure?
Thanks for the reply. The boot looks fine, no rips tears or signs of leaking. As for the clicking, yes, it does follow velocity - follows the velocity of the wheel, it ALSO follows the pulsing in the rotors (warped) leading me to think (and hope) that is is brake related. Hoping that changing brakes will fix it, but not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts