SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 XC 90 t6. I can hear a loud clicking sound coming from the driver side corner when I am driving I checked under the hood and my mud flap. All looks secure. I have 9200 miles. Anyone every have this problem? I usually have kids in the car so I haven’t noticed it until now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It almost sounds like frame is flexing. It happens even when I don’t go over bumps.You can definitely hear it more under 35 miles an hour.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
There are a few tech journals that Volvo has published to help service techs troubleshoot this. I recently had a similar issue addressed (mine was from the right side front). In the end mine seems to have been the ball joint from the front right. It could be one of a number of things depending on whether or not you have Air Suspension. The type of sound and location will help your tech find the issue quickly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No air suspension here. I did just have front brakes done. Two weeks ago. Thanks - Sid

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have this same sound from the drivers side front wheel area. There is a consistent click, it it occurs somewhat randomly. I can be on a bumpy road with no click, and a smooth road when it occurs, or vice versa. Sometimes hear when I accelerate, sometime at cruising speed. Going in for my 50k service soon and will have the dealer take a look. It does not appear to impact the driving experience though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome i'll send them that video...
thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Why would you do that and not just take your car in for them to inspect? They already have access to those videos and journals - it’s the tech/support library that Volvo publishes for dealer service. That’s you taking a guess at what it could be without the experience the service tech has to more precisely isolate the issue contributing to the clicking your car is exhibiting.
thanks everyone!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you do that and not just take your car in for them to inspect? They already have access to those videos and journals - it’s the tech/support library that Volvo publishes for dealer service. That’s you taking a guess at what it could be without the experience the service tech has to more precisely isolate the issue contributing to the clicking your car is exhibiting.
thanks everyone!
Because I’ve interned at a dealership in college. The easier u make their job without coming across as a jerk, the faster the issue gets resolved. Warranty claims depending on cost could require authorization. Now that I have him the tsb and the video, he is going to be able to notate that in the claim. I had my cousin drop my car off at this dealership before and they said they “didn’t see the problem”. Since I actually have a small shop in my back yard with a two post lift, I might include my own video. I like to have everything documented when working with the dealership.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Because I’ve interned at a dealership in college. The easier u make their job without coming across as a jerk, the faster the issue gets resolved. Warranty claims depending on cost could require authorization. Now that I have him the tsb and the video, he is going to be able to notate that in the claim. I had my cousin drop my car off at this dealership before and they said they “didn’t see the problem”. Since I actually have a small shop in my back yard with a two post lift, I might include my own video. I like to have everything documented when working with the dealership.
I agree with this. Nothing worse than getting the ole “unable to replicate” the condition complained of.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have this same sound from the drivers side front wheel area. There is a consistent click, it it occurs somewhat randomly. I can be on a bumpy road with no click, and a smooth road when it occurs, or vice versa. Sometimes hear when I accelerate, sometime at cruising speed. Going in for my 50k service soon and will have the dealer take a look. It does not appear to impact the driving experience though.
Ditto

When I have music on I usually don’t notice the click.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hear faint clicking from the bottom of the drivers side dash when the brakes are auto engaging, which is normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 XC 90 t6. I can hear a loud clicking sound coming from the driver side corner when I am driving I checked under the hood and my mud flap. All looks secure. I have 9200 miles. Anyone every have this problem? I usually have kids in the car so I haven’t noticed it until now.
This happened to our 2016 X90 T6 when it was relatively new (around the same mileage). The clicking noise on our car was from the driver side, I noticed there was a good amount of grease on the inside part of the front wheel. Apparently the grease fitting went bad and all the grease poured out of the fitting causing the clicking noise. When I originally told the Volvo tech about the clicking they couldn't find anything but when I told them about the grease, they found the issue and the clicking went away. Maybe your issue is the same..

·
Registered
294 Posts
I hear faint clicking from the bottom of the drivers side dash when the brakes are auto engaging, which is normal.
Yes, this clicking is normal. What the OP is describing and what I have experienced is something different.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same clicking from drivers side. It’s fairly faint and can’t be heard with music on. It comes and goes randomly. Just had car in because I was hearing and feeling a clunking coming from same spot then throughout the car. They couldn’t replicate either sound until I was out heard it and took it right to dealer. The clunking was the subframe but they said they still couldn’t hear the clicking. It still happens. They need techs at my dealer who aren’t 60 and can hear better. Unless they have selective hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts