SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, my 80000km 2018 XC60 T8 is having some clicking noise during heavy acceleration, particularly during 1st 10-15mins of the journey. After some drive, it seems to be gone again. It has been like this for the past 2 days. Did anyone encounter this issue before?

popped the hood and saw the torque rod rubber has developed some crack (not sure if this has anything to do with the noise):
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Table Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like exhaust gasket leak. But must take a look common to see lost bolts and/ or broken exhaust studs?

·
Registered
239 Posts
can you have someone in the car with their foot on the throttle while you watch the engine? It's hard to tell from the photo alone if that crack is meaningful

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just sent my car to the dealer for a quick diagnostic. They are currently ruling out the cracked motor mount as the root cause, and suspecting issues from the turbocharger or something else. As they were quite busy for the day, I will have to send it a few days later. From the symptoms that I observed, it really does seem like an exhaust leak to me. I will talk to the dealer about this during my next appointment. Hopefully this is a quick fix! Finger crossed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts