SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Auto R with only 32000 miles has recently started making an odd noise from the front driver side area which sounds like a single click or pop. The noise is only noticeable at lower speeds when accelerating or letting off the gas (doesn't make the sound while driving and already giving it gas, only right when giving it gas from no depression of the throttle and when letting off after using throttle). Also I can reproduce the sound when shifting from park to drive or reverse.

To say the least its annoying to have an issue like this with a car that only has 32000 miles and want to know if anyone has had similar problems. The noise can also be felt in the pedals. I have no warranty anymore so I am a little worried about spending tons of money to diagnose and fix the problem.

I looked around at some threads which describe the problem dealing with the axle spline and common repairs are the Loctite fix. I just wanted to get advice from anyone who has had a similar problem and what ultimately worked for them or if I am completely wrong with assuming this is the issue.

Thank you for your time and consideration in the matter,

Jason

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
XC90 axle bolt and you're cured.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like I should have known that and searched better. I guess that's what I get for leaving the car at home for 4 years while I was off in Colorado. Thanks for the help like always guys!

One other dumb question. I know you can do it without jacking the car up, but could it cause any harm? Would you say its safer to just let the dealership do it or do it yourself?

·
Registered
919 Posts
No reason to jack the car, axles don't support the car. Please do it yourself :). Its easier than taking off a wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts