SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I even started my stereo install I have been hearing a Click CLICK every twenty seconds. It sounds like a relay in the glove box or passenger dashboard area. At first I thought it was the Volvo OE nav system being crappy but I have since ripped all that stuff out and jumpered all optical MOST connectors. Now I know it is something else and not the nav DVD.

What could it be? Everything in the car works fine. Its defiantly a computer controlled relay of some sort somewhere given how regular the timing is.

Help please. I am going to tare into the dash maybe tomorrow night. Any ideas where I should look?

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Our AC causes this same sound when we run it, though it's about every 5 seconds or so. Sounds normal from what others said when I posted about it. Not sure if yours is the same, but sounds identical.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even when the HVAC is set to full cold with no AC on and the blower off? I know its not proportionally controlling the damper since the ignition switch is in position I and I have everything off. I will try it with the setting on full hot too and see if there is a difference. Is there anything else the CEM modulates like this?

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
No, it only clicks when the AC is on.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
No, it only clicks when the AC is on.
If it's the AC compressor clicking.

Something is currently jammed or out of calibration on my car. So randomly, I'll get a click click as it tried to open one of the vents, fails, and closes it again. Doesn't matter if the AC is on or off for me. But that's pretty noticeable... As air wouldn't be blowing out of one of the vents (foot, torso, or face).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's the AC compressor clicking.

Something is currently jammed or out of calibration on my car. So randomly, I'll get a click click as it tried to open one of the vents, fails, and closes it again. Doesn't matter if the AC is on or off for me. But that's pretty noticeable... As air wouldn't be blowing out of one of the vents (foot, torso, or face).
That sounds like exactly what its doing. Ill check to make sure each diverter works.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did you have POD playing "Click click boom!" lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts