SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And the car went bat-****. Idle is nuts, 300-1500rpms. It's okay if I'm on the throttle, but shifting is insane. It's like the ETM suddenly went? Second time this has happened, first time I put the key in position two for fifteen minutes (which I believes reprograms the ETM. Probably does some other stuff as well. Thoughts? Is this just a volvoism?

· Registered
83 Posts
I know that when the first ETM in models from 1999-2001 is prone to failure that causes jumpy idle my 1999 V70 had the same problem, I Took it out without disconnecting the cable and just cleaned it, it stopped the problem for me, if the problem comes back your other option is to get a replacement unit from some company (can't remember the name). Which should fix it. I also heard that in 2002 they introduced a new ETM that was meant to fix the problem. I have. 2002 T5 with 120k and I haven't had the problem yet but you never know as I read a tread that the problem still persists in later models as well. There is currently a modern hero trying to get Volvo to replace their faulty units for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
130 Posts
The company is Xemodex in Ontario Canada.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.