SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here to the forums looking for a little advice, I just picked up a 2012 S60 T6 AWD "pre owned volvo exec car" and I noticed that the clear coat appears to be pealing... took it back to the dealer and they said they are going to respray the hood for me. Is this a problem anyone else has run into??

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
No. Because I don't have one. :D BUT I highly recommend that you give it a wax job by hand with a bar of clay. Will protect your paint like no other.

·
Registered
301 Posts
mmmm,1st paint issue i have heard about. i wonder it the car had paint work prior to you getting the car?

·
Registered
418 Posts
No problems with mine. Certainly seems unusual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Never had any clear coat issues...not yet at least. I have had paint chips on the front of my car from road debris that I've touched up, though. The only reason that I bring that up is because it seems like the paint or clearcoat is a bit too soft and chiped too easily...but I can't really say that is the case for sure. For all I know those rocks that chip my car could have been coming at me a lot faster than I thought they did...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I second the clay bar & wax strategy! I've never trusted the clear coat...that extra layer (or two) of wax on top makes me feel a LOT more comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the responses!! The clear coat seems sooo thin I asked the dealer if the car had been in a accident or had any work done to it and they said no not at all. They are going to respray the hood for me to fix the problem and they are also submitting pics to Volvo to see what the deal is. I wonder if they had problems with that color because its not offered in 2013?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought Ember Black was coming back in 2013. It wasn't available for part of 2012, supposedly due to issues involving the paint manufacturer's plant and its proximity to the Fukushima plant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill find out tomorrow when they call me to set up a time for the respray. The owner of this Volvo dealership is really good friends of my family so I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts