SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Need some help again. Does anyone know where I can get some clear corner front turn signals for my 2000 V40? The ones from the 2001 and on do not fit. I was on a waiting list for IPD for six months with no end in sight. I was told the other day that they work with two contractors for these and one went out of business and the other they returned because the quality was bad. I have checked all the sites I know US and Europe.

Help.

Cheers.

David -

·
Registered
17 Posts
ask the webmaster at www.volvotuning.com
they fit, but the plug part where u enter the lighbulb
u will need duct tape to tape it in place i bought mine from him
they are OEM quality directly from volvo in europe.

this is how i taped it

i think this email should work
[email protected]

sleepyheadzzzzzz

[This message has been edited by Sleepyheadzzz (edited 09-16-2002).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sleepyheadzzz,

Thanks for the pic's, they are very helpful. Let me ask you if you look from the outside head on into the light do you see the tape around the fitting on the inside of the light, or do you only see it when you open the hood?
I guess I am not sure what the function of the tape is. Is it only to hold in the light from falling out, or do you need it to keep the light bulb stright in the fitting.

Cheers -

·
Registered
17 Posts
no u do not see the tape around the fitting,
the reason why u need the tape is beecacyse the lightbulb socket has a part that locks into a hole on the clear corner.
however since my clear corner is the european version, that hole will not hold the US lightbulb socket. therefore some duck tape will hold it in place, and it holds in place very strong. so basically the tape holds the lightbulb straight and keeps it from falling out of the hole,
after searching for many months, and ALMOST paying 300 dollars for a pair of clear corners, i finally found them from volvotuning, so i do not mind the tape one bit!

[This message has been edited by Sleepyheadzzz (edited 09-17-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts