SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody notice anything strange with their paint. On the rear end of my car, the spoiler mostly, one spot on the roof, and on the rear fenders, it looks as if the clear coat finish was coming off, but it doesn't show any flaky-ness, I'll try to post pictures this weekend of what I'm talking about, but it's hard to see unless you're at the right angle. I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing this. At first I thought it was some tree sap, but now it's to the point where I think there's a defect in the paint. If it is a paint defect is volvo going to cover it?

Thanks, Nelson

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: Clear Coat (Al Canuck)

Quote, originally posted by Al Canuck »
Black is a metallic colour though, at least for 06.

There's two types of Blacks, and it's not available everywhere. In Canada we have the both Black and Black Sapphire (which is what I assume you got), but in the US the only have Black.

Just looked at the colour options for Canada, looks like they don't offer Ice White any more. But there's a Magic Blue...wonder if that's the same as Brilliant Blue in the US. I'm sure other countries/regions have different colours available as well.

Back to the OP though, I don't notice anything similar in my Red. And I thought all colours have a clear coat no?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: Clear Coat (Pez)

Hey Pez,

Just curious where you're seeing those colour choices? I've got a Canadian 06 brochure in my hand, and it lists Ice White, Brilliant Blue, and the only black option is Sapphire Metallic(which I have). I went to the Volvo Canada website, and it lists the same colours there as well. In addition, I bought my car only 3 weeks ago, and those were the colours the dealer gave me then, as well.

But yes, I would assume that all of the colours are a 2 stage paint nowadays. BMW was using single stage for non-metallic paints into the 90's, and so was Volvo, but I doubt that is the case anymore.

Al

·
Registered
536 Posts
HA my bad I apologize. My trigger happy finger must've clicked on the wrong car...the colour that I was listing out is for the Canadian S60.

Anyway, point being that the Black colours are different between US and Canada. What I'm wondering now is if Flint Grey (US) is the same as Titanium Grey (Canada).

Nelson, I'm no expert myself, but maybe if you posted some pics of the problem areas, someone here can give a hand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts