SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clear coat has been peeling and chipping off. whats a good way to clean it up and smooth out the transition? what else should be done to protect it? wet sand w/ a super fine block?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: clear coat clean up (vernk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>vernk</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my clear coat has been peeling and chipping off. whats a good way to clean it up and smooth out the transition? what else should be done to protect it? wet sand w/ a super fine block?</TD></TR></TABLE><p><A HREF="http://www.ehow.com/how_5028554_fix-peeling-clear-coat-car.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ehow.com/how_502855....html</A><p>Has the car been repainted? I haven't come across any newer volvo's with the bad clearcoat....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not that i know of. i don't know much of the history. i don't see any evidence of this but im not a body man either. well, auto body at least...

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>vernk</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my clear coat has been peeling and chipping off. whats a good way to clean it up and smooth out the transition? what else should be done to protect it? wet sand w/ a super fine block?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No, you have a problem.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>vernk</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my clear coat has been peeling and chipping off. whats a good way to clean it up and smooth out the transition? what else should be done to protect it? wet sand w/ a super fine block?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>You should take it to the best dealer in your town and have them call the "Feild Rep" and be like WTF!!!! but befor they do that theyll DCS and CarFax your ride find out if any damage occord. most of the time youll get it fixed if theres not been damage

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've got some clear peeling on the trim pieces on each side of my rear window. I should mention it to the dealer the next time I'm there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts