SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Maguires. Works well. But I apply and "polish" with microfiber cloth.
They suck. They roll over to easy, especially on the seats.
Whats anyone else using to apply and "polish"?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Microfiber applicator

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
I ordered a multi-pack of those Sponge microfiber applicators from Amazon when Chemical Guys had theirs on Deal of the day. Got them for real cheap and I use them to apply all my polishes to the interior and exterior of the car. They work well. And I have a bunch of them so I've labeled their tags to match them to a specific polish. I do not want silica paint sealant on my leather seats and the glass cleaner on my interior plastic bits.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I ordered a multi-pack of those Sponge microfiber applicators from Amazon when Chemical Guys had theirs on Deal of the day. Got them for real cheap and I use them to apply all my polishes to the interior and exterior of the car. They work well. And I have a bunch of them so I've labeled their tags to match them to a specific polish. I do not want silica paint sealant on my leather seats and the glass cleaner on my interior plastic bits.
Same here. Great deals some times. I've still got brand new ones in the garage lol.

They really work great for everything interior related. I too used to use cloths but had similar issues where they just became sloppy to use.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
On interior I use a combo of stuff.

For the top and front of dash that is plastic or vinyl, door panels, lower plastics, I use 50/50 diluted armor all cleaner (not protectant. Cleaner) with water in a bucket. Mix. Dunk and soak a microfiber towel and wring it out. Go to town wiping. I like the clean smell it leaves but chemical guys or other top brands may have a good plastic or general cleaner.

For leather seats, dash and door panels: wipe down with Leatherique rejuvenate oil first with a microfiber pad applicator. Allow the leather to absorb the oil for the day or overnight.

Then use 50/50 mix leatherique pristine clean and water soaked microfiber towel wrung out to wipe off the dirt that the oil loosens.

Buff out any streaks with a microfiber towel. Repeat if the leather is dry from neglect but allow the oil to absorb longer. I once left rejuvenate oil on seats for days. Came back later and cleaned them, buffed them and they felt lovely.

The trick is to use quality microfibers.

You can use the 30 or so pack of yellow that Costco sells but they leave fibers. They are cheap for a reason.

The ones I get at Barrett Jackson vendors, or the like, those leave no trace. But they are usually eight to ten bucks each, depends on the fabric type and vendor. Again, a top brand probably sell quality microfibers, look for lint free. One guy told me they are synthetic fibers. He was polishing a quarter with some paste cleaner and a microfiber. The quarter looked like a mirror. Maybe a gimmick but I polish the silver plated flatware with them and the spoons and forks come out like silver mirrors.

I use various small brushes to get in crevices with a crevice vacuum attachment. And even q-tips for vents and other tight areas.

Windows I use an ammonia free stuff thats safe for window tint. This way if I get any over spray on the door panel and miss it it won't stain/burn the material like ammonia window cleaners can. Spots on leather looks terrible. Unless it's ostrich and supposed to be that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts