SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching this up but didn't come across anything. So with their being a bunch of cleaning products out there to clean our R's, what products do you use? Would like to know if there's better options out there for me to clean my caR with. Here's what I use:

Exterior:
Soap- Meguiar's Gold Class Wash Shampoo
Detail Spray- Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer
Clay Bar- 3M Perfect It 3

Interior:
Leather- Lexol Leather Cleaner / Lexol Leather Conditioner
Carpets- Turtle Wax Carpet Cleaner
Rubber Mats- I just scrub them with the car soap. Anyone know of a good rubber mat cleaner?

Wheels/Tires:
Wheels- Same soap I use to wash the body (Different Wash Cloth then Body)
Tires- Black Magic Tire Wet Foam

I would like to know what everyone else uses and what your opinions are on certain products.
Lets all help each other keep our R's fresh. ;)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Exterior products

Wash: Duragloss 901
Spray Sealant: Duragloss Aquawax
Drying: Cobra Waffle Weave Towels
Clay: Blackfire, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys poly clay. I use Optimum No Rinse diluted as a clay lube
Compound: M105 (if needed)
Medium polish: Menzerna 106FA
Finishing Polish: CG P40 Polish
Sealant: Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Wax: Blackfire Midnight Sun, DP Max Wax, Collinite 845

Interior

Meguiar's APC+ at 15:1 for leather
CG Leather Conditioner
Steamer cleaner for carpet stains if there are any
303 Fabric Guard
CG Inner Clean for dash, door panels, console
Scrub mats with an APC, rinse, and dry with MF

Wheels and tires

Wheels are cleaned with soap and water with a dedicated wheel only mitt.
Tires are cleaned with Meg's APC+ 4:1
Tires dressed with CG VRP
Wheels are currently have Car Pro DLux wheel coating on them.

Misc products

Blackfire Aluminum Polish for exhaust tips
Sprayway Glass Cleaner
Porter Cable 7424XP
Lake Country pads
High quality MF towels

If you are really interested in caring for your R, join the forum over at Autogeek Online. It has lots of information about car care and I'm over there as well.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Zymol for the leather. The cleaner and conditioner, work awesome!

Wax= Next gen 2

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are really interested in caring for your R, join the forum over at Autogeek Online. It has lots of information about car care and I'm over there as well.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to go on there later on today. I need to start learning lol.

Zymol for the leather. The cleaner and conditioner, work awesome!

Wax= Next gen 2
Safe for Gobi leather?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thank you for your help. I'm going to go on there later on today. I need to start learning lol.
Awesome! See you there, it's a great group of people.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Safe for Gobi leather?
Yup. It works on all leathers Iv'e tried it on. I used to have a black/Gobi R too. It works on everything from my Triumph Spitfire, to the R, to the Alfa, and MG A and B, and MB 190 SL's and 300 SL. And I could buy 2 or 3 R's for the price of the leather in the 300 SL so I wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Exterior:
I'll buy a big jug of carwash soap, whatever is on sale. I'll use cotton terrycloths as a washcloth because I love the way they clean. I have a short body brush for wheels. I used to dry with a synthetic chamois (again whatever was on sale), but since I have an electric leaf blower I use that now since its even safer and works better since it gets all the cracks & I don't have to bend down & stuff. I'll clay the car about once a year with the big clay bars off of amazon.com. They're cheaper, last longer, and are easier to hold onto than the dinky ones in stores and I don't see any difference in function. Then top with Liquid Glass, yes its old school but I have yet to see anything that is discernably better.

Interior:
Tuff Stuff shampoo for carpet stains, Windex or similar on plastics. For leather, I used to use Lexol but since all it seemed to do is make my hard leather sticky, I recently bought the rejuvinator oil and cleaner/conditioner from Leatherique. With just one application the rejuv oil has done more to soften and improve the feel of the leather than a whole bottle of Lexol ever did. Plus it seems to return the seats (& steering wheel) to a matte finish like the seats had when they were new, & it smells good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts