SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has probably been done over and over but what do people use to clean the black on the dashboard and on the doors above the armrests? Is that technically leather? I just use a swiffer to get the dust off the dash but there’s white stains on doors from peoples, aka my wife’s friends, lotion on their arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer on the non-leather areas and the sometimes the steering wheel (gets it as close to a "new" feel rather than greasy feel most leather products leave).

·
Registered
879 Posts
I use matte armor all or equivalent.

Whatever brand has a matte cleaner spray and not shiny greasy crap.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This topic has probably been done over and over but what do people use to clean the black on the dashboard and on the doors above the armrests? Is that technically leather? I just use a swiffer to get the dust off the dash but there’s white stains on doors from peoples, aka my wife’s friends, lotion on their arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leatherique only, or simply a damp cloth. ArmorAll or Meguiar's matt is still too slick.
Better advice is "no one allowed in the car with lotion on hands or arms" This is especially true with steering wheels: they become shiny like hard plastic if exposed to hand lotion.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
TriNova Leather Cleaner from Amazon. Not greasy, just a cleaner.
And some surfaces sure don't seem like leather. Just wish someone could label a map saying what's leather and what's not. I sure would like to know so it can be careful for properly.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
I keep a pack of https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00119XYFM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 in the car for some quick cleaning.

Twice (or maybe thrice) a year, I deep-detail the entire interior using https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-Leather-Conditioner-Complete/dp/B001TJ3HUG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=32GNCXN3JPS6T&keywords=chemical+guys+leather+cleaner+and+conditioner&qid=1558664272&s=gateway&sprefix=chemical+guys+lea%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-3 this.

Except for the headliner and plastics on the door, almost every other surface is leather (or leatherette). I also use the same wipes on door plastics and other smaller bits & pieces. I have never needed to clean the headliner.

For the center screen, tach screen, all shiny plastic trim pieces, and my sunglasses, I have a bunch of lens cleaning wipes which I use to keep fingerprints and smudges away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i'll second post #2
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer is doing the job perfect.
Not greasy at all.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
303 Aerospace Protectant. #word...

·
Registered
264 Posts
How about just using some lukewarm water?.. I hate the smell of most of these chemicals + I don't even wanna think about the toxicity of spraying silicone, PTFE, and what not over car cabin.. :rolleyes: I've personally always used a damp microfiber cloth..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts