SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how I got this on the seat. It may been due to some food left on the seat. None of the basic cleaners can get this out. Have tried warm water, chemical guys interior cleaner and still not coming off. Any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
There was a thread a while back where someone spilled pizza with lots of grease on the blonde leather. He had lots of suggestions and one worked very well. I can’t remember what the solution was. Maybe you can do a search and find it. I think it may have been a dilute solution of Dawn to break up the grease.

But since you weren’t positive this is grease, I’m not sure what would be best. It will be interesting to hear from people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Not sure how I got this on the seat. It may been due to some food left on the seat. None of the basic cleaners can get this out. Have tried warm water, chemical guys interior cleaner and still not coming off. Any idea?
Make sure it's not leaking from the moonroof. There are plenty of issues with that - those stupid shrinking seals...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Try a magic eraser/equivalent generic melamine pad gently. Does wonders. Used gently it won't do harm. I've cleaned seats, thresholds, etc., that refused everything but then came clean with that w/o damage when used carefully.

This is a not a great example, but this is the interior of a 2002 Lexus we've had since 2012(?). I recently did the interior with a melamine pad, refinished the seats, and otherwise just waxed the interior. It has 327,000 miles on it as of today (this pic was a month ago).

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Reactions: 1stCarVolvoXC60

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have used nail polish remover in the past successfully. But I was harsh and ended up polishing the grain smooth (was using a non-microfiber cloth), so you need to be very gentle. If using a cloth, recommend using microfiber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts