SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellas, I'm getting this thing ready for the paint shop. When it comes out it will be a sight to behold and need the right kind of insurance. I want to get an "Agreed Value Policy" and have it as my daily driver. So far, I've found those two to be mutually exclusive...

Any ideas?
I'm in Rockwall, TX which is just outside of Dallas.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Classic Car Insurance for a DAILY DRIVER (Phattires68)

Re: Classic Car Insurance for a DAILY DRIVER...

...also mutually exclusive.

You will not find "full replacement value" or similar for a "classic" car driven daily (especially a commute) as a coverage on a "normal" auto policy in Texas unless the policy included a "second insuror" clause and for that you would pay giahugic premiums.

Have you chatted with your current insuror?

Your 1967.5 1800S in its about-to-be fine condition would be easy and cheap to insure at Hagerty but the restrictions would be too onerous for your requirements.

Here is an online option that brags "Agreed Value Policy" but be wary...

http://www.classicins.com/Default.aspx

More...

http://www.google.com/search?h...ell=1

George Dill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Classic Car Insurance for a DAILY DRIVER (Phattires68)

I've owned my '68 P1800 for almost two years now in AZ, and haven't found anybody willing to insure it as a classic AND as a daily driver. They are indeed, mutually exclusive as a daily driver will be exposed to the hazards of, well, daily driving as opposed to the occasional pleasure cruise.

And while paying X amount of dollars a month gets it out on the road legally, it doesn't help the pocket. Although with my odometer currently stuck at a certain mileage I've half a mind to just insure it as a classic anyways...

~EJ~

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Re: Classic Car Insurance for a DAILY DRIVER (p1800dude)

If you insure it as a classic and drive it ignoring the exclusions, you will find that when you REALLY need insurance about all the coverage you will get is liability. That means no repairs to your car, ONLY the other one.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Classic Car Insurance for a DAILY DRIVER (Walrus3)

Quote, originally posted by Walrus3 »
If you insure it as a classic and drive it ignoring the exclusions, you will find that when you REALLY need insurance about all the coverage you will get is liability. That means no repairs to your car, ONLY the other one.

The voice of experience?

George Dill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.