SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

New member here, and first-time Volvo owner-to-be! We recently ordered a 2020 XC60 T8 as OSD, and have a delivery date set for October 18! Really looking forward to it! Well I should mention it'll be my wife's car, but I'm the nerd who's trying to learn all there is to learn about the car online ;)

Could anyone confirm that I will be able to get the Polestar tune on this car installed ahead of us taking delivery on that day? I didn't mention it to the dealership when ordering the car. That said, member reddoggone recently posted a picture of the XC90 accessory sheet from his own XC90 T6 May 2019 OSD delivery:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-Trip-5-2019&p=7346673&viewfull=1#post7346673

Anyway, I was wondering if that tune is offered for US-bound XC60 T8 and, if so, if there is anything I needed to do in order to ensure it will be done ahead of my 1-week drive around Scandinavia :)

Thank you all!

Geoff

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't think they will do it ahead of your pick up but you can ask, they did my Polestar tune when we came back for lunch and it was ready to go in @ an hour

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they will do it ahead of your pick up but you can ask, they did my Polestar tune when we came back for lunch and it was ready to go in @ an hour
Thanks! is yours a 2020 T8 as well? I thought I read somewhere that they may have stopped offering the tune on T8 starting in 2020, since they now offer a separate 2020 XC60 "T8 Polestar Engineered" model, but I couldn't find this again.

Geoff

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Hello guys,

New member here, and first-time Volvo owner-to-be! We recently ordered a 2020 XC60 T8 as OSD, and have a delivery date set for October 18! Really looking forward to it! Well I should mention it'll be my wife's car, but I'm the nerd who's trying to learn all there is to learn about the car online ;)

Could anyone confirm that I will be able to get the Polestar tune on this car installed ahead of us taking delivery on that day? I didn't mention it to the dealership when ordering the car. That said, member reddoggone recently posted a picture of the XC90 accessory sheet from his own XC90 T6 May 2019 OSD delivery:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...-Trip-5-2019&p=7346673&viewfull=1#post7346673

Anyway, I was wondering if that tune is offered for US-bound XC60 T8 and, if so, if there is anything I needed to do in order to ensure it will be done ahead of my 1-week drive around Scandinavia :)

Thank you all!

Geoff
No, no Polestar tune for US spec T8 of any model. No exception for OSD. :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, no Polestar tune for US spec T8 of any model. No exception for OSD. :)
Boooooo... Ok so what I had read is correct then :( That's too bad. Do you know if it's due to EPA-related restrictions, or is it due to not wanting to take anything away from the new Polestar Engineered trim?

Geoff

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks! is yours a 2020 T8 as well? I thought I read somewhere that they may have stopped offering the tune on T8 starting in 2020, since they now offer a separate 2020 XC60 "T8 Polestar Engineered" model, but I couldn't find this again.

Geoff
No, I'm a 2019 v60 T6 R design
Sucks they won't do the T8, saw a few of those being married during the factory tour

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Boooooo... Ok so what I had read is correct then :( That's too bad. Do you know if it's due to EPA-related restrictions, or is it due to not wanting to take anything away from the new Polestar Engineered trim?

Geoff
For 2019 and older, it is EPA related. For 2020+, we will see if the P* engineered cars are certified with same result as plain T8 model. If yes, then there is still hope to get P* tune on 2020+ T8. 2020 T8 EPA number is still not out.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts