SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
Remember when forms all had the 19__ for the date? Why would we worry about what happens after 1999?

The young people will never know the fun of Y2K.
OH yes we do, any 32-bit system in 2038 is gonna have some issues. The joys of being a computer science major.

Also this car is beautiful, thanks for preserving it!
Thank you! I haven’t posted this yet but I found this picture on Instagram from a while back. I was 99% sure it was my car because of the wheels/trailer hitch/no rails/no wing/NJ plate, but I was able to get confirmation from the previous owner. It’s certainly come a long way since!

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is a GREAT thread. I've bought parts from Princeton Volvo before.

So, something good HAS come out of Red Bank, NJ... This fine car! And the one previous 😄

I'll be sure to put extra sauce and fries in your bag if you ever dine at my fine establishment there. 🙂

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Day off today and the rain held off this afternoon so I took the wagon out for a little joyride (the first since putting it away for the winter). Felt pretty good, but came home to notice two small puddles on the garage floor. I’m thinking the RMS might finally be the culprit. Will have to get it checked out soon.

Also I’ve heard good things about Meguiar’s 39 heavy duty vinyl cleaner for plastic/vinyl trim cleaning, so I picked some up and will try to clean up the wagon a little bit more. There is some leftover compound/polish splatter from doing the paint correction, and this seems to do the trick to remove it.

·
Registered
15,770 Posts
2038? I will be retired... hopefully. Get that done, would ya? LOL
OH yes we do, any 32-bit system in 2038 is gonna have some issues. The joys of being a computer science major.
Also this car is beautiful, thanks for preserving it!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
2038? I will be retired... hopefully. Get that done, would ya? LOL
Here's how to fix it: run 64-bit everything like most modern people, lol. :cool: If it's a specialized program, then um, god help you.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
came home to notice two small puddles on the garage floor. I’m thinking the RMS might finally be the culprit.
Yeah mine does that too. My plan is to ignore it for as long as possible or until I have a garage, whichever comes first lol.

There is some leftover compound/polish splatter from doing the paint correction
Try a Magic Eraser.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Finally: coolant flush, new expansion tank, and new thermostat.

Oil leak appears to be a bit of the RMS and a bit of a turbo line. The turbo line may be fixed with an o-ring though so I’m not too worried about that.

Quick shot of the wagon on the backup cam of a SPA car I was selling

Lastly, I bought two additional mounts so I can move my Uniden R3 between the three cars easier. Now I can have a little more fun 😉

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
Haven't updated this thread in a while! I haven't driven the car very much since I've gotten the Flash Green. It just recently went in for a little bit of service. New Volvo front axles, front pads and rotors, as well as a passenger brake line. Should be all set for SCD now!

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Fun thread to read, thanks Ckmack for sharing your T5R Estate journey, the wagon looks great.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Realizing I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. The estate is still doing well! It has pretty much only been driven by my dad in the last year or so. I did take it on a small road trip to Radwood in Boston last fall. Just recently had the heater core re-done and the AC fixed (not shimmed haha). Here is a picture I stopped and took the other day on the way to get groceries. I had done a 3 hour detail on the car earlier that morning

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Nice. 3 hour detail is essential for an optimal grocery run.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
Switched the estate for the sedan so I have some time to do some small projects I've been putting off.

Changed this cracked taillight for a more minty one from my surplus

Went to install the protective cage tonight and ran into a snag. It seems like it doesn't want to stay where it's supposed to be. Like it wants to snap back up into the roof, except it doesn't go all the way up. I installed the new struts for this like a 1.5 years ago but never got around to putting the cage in, so I'm wondering if I need new struts again?

That's where it wants to stay right now

Lastly, I decided to take a look into the CD changer project. Here is what it looks like under left side of the cargo floor

The DIN cable is obviously right there taped up but I didn't see an obvious power supply. I am wondering if this janky trailer light module is using it in some way?

The circles in this picture are the factory bolt holes for the changer bracket. They are underneath black padding. I'll have to track down another changer bracket, and I am being told that the estate one is possibly different than the sedan one, haven't confirmed yet though

Projects to come will be new emblems, ECE lenses and corners, new headlight bulbs, Euro fog mod, under engine cage (if Skandix ever gets me my missing hardware for it), and a new driver's side mirror assembly with aspheric mirror. I'd also like to install the slim style roof rails but finding mint ones feels impossible

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
I'll keep on the lookout for roof rails.....

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Turns out I had the two brackets that bolt into the roof switched around. Works like a charm now

Fog light modification completed

Replacement driver's side mirror assembly from eBay. Old one vibrated or just didn't move with the interior toggle

Back in business with the yellow cap and a new aspheric mirror

I'll keep on the lookout for roof rails.....
Is the trim from the cowl to the beginning of the roof rail still available? Or is that gonna be a junkyard find?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is the trim from the cowl to the beginning of the roof rail still available? Or is that gonna be a junkyard find?
A few sites are showing it as Backordered but I believe it is NLA. I would hit the junkyard.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
A few sites are showing it as Backordered but I believe it is NLA. I would hit the junkyard.
Thanks, what PN are you using?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

·
Registered
454 Posts
Oh I'm looking for the wagon ones, from the cowl to where the roof rail/rack starts. I actually have some brand new ones for the sedan in my basement
#9159492 and #9159493

161 - 180 of 212 Posts