SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 100 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Interesting that there is no power lead on that CD changer.....or maybe that is why it doesn't work? Regardless this is the floor panel you'll want to install the Volvo CD changer with:

This is the changer I have. I’ll probably keep the installation under the floor rather than chase one of those setups

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
This is the changer I have. I’ll probably keep the installation under the floor rather than chase one of those setups

That works too. Looks like you have the wrong bracket to use the CD changer hatch anyway. You can use that changer with that setup though if you have the bracket. I have one of each style that works that way.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Made short work of the nasty factory PPF. My sister’s hairdryer and a plastic razor blade made it pretty easy, ordered some goo gone to take care of the rest

Before and after

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where can you get brackets these days? I know you or Jared have told me - I forgot.
I recently did a 302 swap on my T-5R. You can get rebuilt calipers complete with brackets for $33 ea (+core) from RockAuto. Part # are CENTRIC 14139046 and 14139045. If you search under 1999 Volvo C70 calipers, you'll find them.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Can you send in a 280 bracket as a core? That core charge is $$$$

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Where can you get brackets these days? I know you or Jared have told me - I forgot.
Ipd has them on sale for $80 a pair at the moment. Same caliper, larger rotor and longer lines complete the kit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you send in a 280 bracket as a core? That core charge is $$$$
I did it back in January and didn't have an issue sending the existing ones back. You do have to ship them so that's an additional $10–15. Total cost ($66 calipers, $9 ship, $15 core return and minus $3 5% off) was $87. Which was still cheaper total cost than I could find for brackets alone.

Since swapping in the longer soft brake lines is necessary, it isn't much additional labor to change out calipers if it all. I also painted the calipers/brackets so it saved me the trouble of cleaning 27 years of dirt, grime and brake dust off the existing ones.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Update: steering knuckle, PCV kit, cam shaft seals, and timing belt kit has been ordered.

Grocery getter status yesterday morning

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Update: steering knuckle, PCV kit, cam shaft seals, and timing belt kit has been ordered.

Grocery getter status yesterday morning

Lol I see you are enjoying that estate car lifestyle

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Just need the right exhaust tip now!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Just need the right exhaust tip now!

Is that the "Simons end piece" one? Jared and I were talking about those the other day. I feel like the OEM ones weren't stainless looking like that, but I've never seen a NOS one to compare it to. The dual tip I have on my sedan seems to get a lot of hate online, but I kinda like it. So I'm definitely open to the OEM one or the rare dual tip. Is that one yours Will?

EDIT: actually I just remembered there was that Facebook album of a 9000km R estate that I could use as reference, see pics below. Maybe I get one of these reproductions and get it powder coated hmmmmm

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Is that the "Simons end piece" one? Jared and I were talking about those the other day. I feel like the OEM ones weren't stainless looking like that, but I've never seen a NOS one to compare it to. The dual tip I have on my sedan seems to get a lot of hate online, but I kinda like it. So I'm definitely open to the OEM one or the rare dual tip. Is that one yours Will?

EDIT: actually I just remembered there was that Facebook album of a 9000km R estate that I could use as reference, see pics below. Maybe I get one of these reproductions and get it powder coated hmmmmm

The one pictured is mine. You could certainly Powdercoat it. It's nice that they're stainless

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Is that the "Simons end piece" one? Jared and I were talking about those the other day. I feel like the OEM ones weren't stainless looking like that, but I've never seen a NOS one to compare it to. The dual tip I have on my sedan seems to get a lot of hate online, but I kinda like it. So I'm definitely open to the OEM one or the rare dual tip.
Those people are wrong, that dual tip looks friggin awesome

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
I personally like the square one but the dual tip looks decent too. Way better than something aftermarket. Oh that reminds me I need to get rid of that IPD exhaust tip on my T-5R....

·
Registered
16,535 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Apparently my parts department is telling me the steering knuckle/joint I need is NLA. The part number is 9140998. Any recommendations or experience? FCP says $35, Skandix says $70, IPD says $90

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Apparently my parts department is telling me the steering knuckle/joint I need is NLA. The part number is 9140998. Any recommendations or experience? FCP says $35, Skandix says $70, IPD says $90

They're lazy. It's still available just have to wait for it to come from Sweden.

81 - 100 of 212 Posts