·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice job on a deep clean wash. Definitely will need that clay/polish/seal treatment to bring it up to snuff. That Iron-X has a lovely aroma, doesn't it?
Haha so nasty. I just bought a Nanoskin Autoscrub pad to help get rid of any more contaminants. I may even do a round two of the Iron-X because it was that bad

·
Registered
354 Posts
Haha so nasty. I just bought a Nanoskin Autoscrub pad to help get rid of any more contaminants. I may even do a round two of the Iron-X because it was that bad
LOL, it is so funny they try to put a cherry or lemon scent on it. You can't hide that nasty. It is a great product though. Use it on your wheels too. I have a Nanoskin handheld sponge and a pad for my DA polisher. It speeds things up nicely and is a great alternative to clay.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Got some parts in today, new gas struts for my cargo area steel grille

New grey tailgate handle surround, totally missing from mine

And of course, new VOLVO and 850 badges, will have to get a new T-5R soon too

·
Registered
526 Posts
Okay, so late to the game on the congratulations front and admittedly a great sleuthing story, and despite the fact that we have never met, I am hating on you for your good luck!! I am thinking that this find goes beyond the 'needle in the haystack' analogy. It took me the better part of 4 years to find the 'right' 1800 ES, and if I could add one final vehicle to my dream Volvo stable it would a yellow 850 estate, but I have accepted that this is likely a pipe dream. That said, it appears that it is in excellent hands and I look greatly forward to following the build. Again, congrats!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Okay, so late to the game on the congratulations front and admittedly a great sleuthing story, and despite the fact that we have never met, I am hating on you for your good luck!! I am thinking that this find goes beyond the 'needle in the haystack' analogy. It took me the better part of 4 years to find the 'right' 1800 ES, and if I could add one final vehicle to my dream Volvo stable it would a yellow 850 estate, but I have accepted that this is likely a pipe dream. That said, it appears that it is in excellent hands and I look greatly forward to following the build. Again, congrats!
Haha I appreciate the kind words. I think it’s entirely possible to find another yellow estate. Be vigilant, know the market, and be ready to jump quickly when one comes up.

In other news, got even more mail tonight. Tailgate panel repair kit came in from FCP, and I also received one loose Titan I bought from eBay. One more to go!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Plates came in! These will get waxed and sealed too lol

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Plates came in! These will get waxed and sealed too lol

Im surprised you didn't get the official volvo tailgate repair kit. The PPS kit sucks and the clips last all of a month. At least in CT.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Im surprised you didn't get the official volvo tailgate repair kit. The PPS kit sucks and the clips last all of a month. At least in CT.
Oh man, wasn't aware there was one. Well, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Oh man, wasn't aware there was one. Well, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes
Same PN. 8619383. Should be like $20. The clips are much bigger and the reinforcement is significantly thicker.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Fourth Titan acquired

Sealed and waxed the plates. Will probably get new plate brackets this week and also bring it in to work for an inspection

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
Good for you!
I used to detail my plates and they were stunning. 33 years of sun, rain, wind, cold, heat, bugs, etc. has made them ancient. Jared told me not to trade them in for new ones, but I'm wondering...
Fourth Titan acquired

Sealed and waxed the plates. Will probably get new plate brackets this week and also bring it in to work for an inspection

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)

Prognosis: Needs a handful of items to take an inspection. The tech noted an oil leak from one of the turbo lines, not really from the RMS as we expected. Cleaning the underside a bit might reveal more though as there was a fair bit of caked on oil. The parking brake is inoperable so it needs new cables. It should probably get new axles on the front left and right, but maybe not for a sticker. The CV boots on the front left and right were torn to hell. Lastly, the rear pads and rotors need replacing.

The underside actually didn't look that bad. Toe blocks looked decent, Nivomats looked decent, exhaust looked decent (minus one aftermarket hanger), and the bumper brackets were a little toasty but not terrible. I'd like to delete the hidden hitch that is on it, but the bolts would need a good soaking.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Roof rails came in the mail, pretty decent condition. I will try to lightly clean them up and darken them with some Carpro Perl

Steel grille should be arriving in the next few days, and my Titans were picked up by my local wheel guy last week. Those should be refinished this week and wrapped with tires

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
All 4 Titans refinished, ready to go

Pirelli's arrived as well

·
Registered
15,996 Posts
Yaaassss that's gonna be good. Can't wait to see how those wheels came out in person. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the PZeros, too.

why not 215/45 though?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yaaassss that's gonna be good. Can't wait to see how those wheels came out in person. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the PZeros, too.

why not 215/45 though?
I held one up against the sedan when I had them at work together, they are slightly darker but they’re definitely the right eggshell type finish like you said. Yeah I’m excited for the P Zeros! Stuck with 205 since it’ll just be a summer car and I like the aesthetics/oem-ness of it

Insert gratuitous pictures of the two yellows finally together:

41 - 60 of 213 Posts