SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2013 xc60 T6, I recently changed all four brake pads with no issue or damage to the lines. I now receive a message on start up that says that the City Safety System needs service. Did I create an issue? Did I miss something? The brakes work great.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
We have a 2013 xc60 T6, I recently changed all four brake pads with no issue or damage to the lines. I now receive a message on start up that says that the City Safety System needs service. Did I create an issue? Did I miss something? The brakes work great.
Many thanks!
Did you put the rear calipers into service mode before changing the pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
No I did not. I didn't know there was such a mode
Ah. That could be the cause of your issue. You have to use VIDA or another high-end scan tool to do it. May I ask how you were able to retract the rear caliper pistons without using service mode?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the calipers and pads. I used a Torx driver to back down the emergency brake. There was no use of force and everything went fine, actually quite fast. I reinstalled calipers and pushed the Ebrake button and everything reset.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I removed the calipers and pads. I used a Torx driver to back down the emergency brake. There was no use of force and everything went fine, actually quite fast. I reinstalled calipers and pushed the Ebrake button and everything reset.
Hmmmmm. I don’t think you could’ve damaged anything then if it went in smoothly. I would disconnect the negative battery cable for 15-20 minutes and see if that clears the code.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No luck with the battery reset, I also tried the same pattern that I would use for the maintenance light without any luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evidently you have to have a computer Vida or similar to place rear brakes into service mode. I stopped by a local Volvo repair shop and they explained that I did fine on the mechanical side but lacked on the electronics side. They cleared my message and reset the emergency brake on the car. Lesson learned.
Thank you for the help to my question!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Evidently you have to have a computer Vida or similar to place rear brakes into service mode. I stopped by a local Volvo repair shop and they explained that I did fine on the mechanical side but lacked on the electronics side. They cleared my message and reset the emergency brake on the car. Lesson learned.
Thank you for the help to my question!
That’s great to hear!! I figured it had something to do with service mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts