SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage door I have is stupidly narrow. Literally no more than 6 inches clearance on each side. I'm always very cautious but I've got the hang of it after watching the front sensors many times. Well tonight in my confidence I was just a few feet away from the garage entry and I was about to make a quick very slight left hand adjustment to set myself on a slight bias that is more favorable for exiting the driver door when parked, and out of nowhere full brake. The dash displays essentially a thank me note that says something to the effect of your welcome city safety by Volvo. It was pretty funny if unexpected. Car decided I was cutting it a little close. Good to know it won't let me crash into the garage door.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yup same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with my 2012 S60RD. I was still a few feet away from the door as it was going up and I was creeping up on the door and bam FULL AUTO BRAKE!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a problem with the auto-brake while entering/exiting a parking garage I frequent that has a ramp at the street entrance. The sensors must get confused by the incline and mistake the ground for a foreign object. It's really frustrating and much like the collision alert, the auto-brake nearly gives me a heart attack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts