SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last couple of days i've had City Safety kick in and Cross Traffic Alert be activated. I was driving in heavy traffic, very stop and go and while someone in front of me braked rather fast - I stepped on my brake to avoid hitting them but City Safety kicked in at the same time and stopped my car immediately - it's loud and quite jarring - it almost feels like I hit something - I had never lost control nor did I feel like I wouldn't make it in time to stop but City Safety kicked in - my question is, I had a hard time proceeding to keep moving. How exactly do you clear the alert and move on? I had to press on the gas rather hard which wasn't easy because I couldn't move up too much (not enough room) but is there something I should do when that happens to start moving again? I feel like once it stops, it takes time to start driving again. Hopefully my break lights are still on if i'm just sitting there as I was on a busy road and I didn't want someone to hit me because my break lights weren't on. Am I supposed to just press on the gas and move or is there something else I can do to make it smoother?

I also had Cross Traffic Alert actually stop my car today - I hear it when backing up and someone or something is behind me or is approaching me but today my car actually stopped. I was parking just backing up into a parallel spot getting closer to the curb and I guess someone passing me got close and all of the sudden my car just stopped. Same thing, it was hard to just go back to what I was doing - and I didn't have a lot of room to really press on the gas much.

This doesn't happen often but I just want to know what to do when it happens again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
First thing is you should change the setting so it is less "touchy". As for clearing it, I've not had an issue the few times it's activated for me - which were when cars in front were a bit slow making a turn out of my travel lane. The car has always accelerated fine after.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts