SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a dash cam that gets unplugged when we turn off the car, and then plugged in after we start the car. Problem is that lately, it's blowing the cigarette lighter fuse every few days and I'm spending quite a bit replacing them.. I also noticed that the port itself is half broken as if I plug it too far in and it's not in the "correct spot", there's no power coming from the cigarette lighter. I also hear a motor/electrical sort of sound when it is working. Anyone know what's up?

I should mention that I install the fuses with my bare hands, if that makes a difference like how it makes a difference to light bulbs.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
If the socket is broken, fix it. It's obviously shorting out on something. The center console comes off in about 5 minutes and it's not hard at all. Search around for a tutorial if you aren't good at figuring that stuff out by looking at it.

2 screws in the bottom of the armrest pocket, 2 quarter-turn fasteners down on the sides, use a bone tool to pop the e-brake cover off towards the driver's side, unplug the plugs that you can see once the e-brake cover is off, then lift up and pull towards the back of the car. Make sure the shifter is down in low to make it easier to get it out. If the console plastic is what's broken, then replace the whole console. Lots of these being parted out or sitting in junkyards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts