SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
For 2007 and up:

Cover, left, chrome-plated, PN 30635611
Cover, right, chrome-plated, PN 30635612

Heico also used to sell them, have not seen a pair on the market for a while.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Here's a pict of the HEICO covers:

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Matte Chromer \ Silk Metal:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wouldn't mind trading my chrome mirror caps ('08 Executive trim) for normal painted silver, but I would want the paint to match the rest of the vehicle. Are they normally color-coded to the XC90 when they aren't black or chrome?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes. If you have the chassis number (last 6 of VIN) and the vehicle's paint code, there is a mirror cover ready to match. That's the good news.

Bad news? About $110-126 a piece before shipping from a reputable OEM internet reseller (list is $158).

If you know the paint code, send it out on the thread and see if someone wants to trade. Pretty easy to get them off (small torx and a bone tool), just a matter of timing (guess someone needs to run without covers for a bit?).

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you know the paint code, send it out on the thread and see if someone wants to trade. Pretty easy to get them off (small torx and a bone tool), just a matter of timing (guess someone needs to run without covers for a bit?).
So.. anyone that has a matching Electric Silver Metallic XC90 - Paint Code 477 set of mirror covers in good condition, I am up for an OEM Executive trim chrome mirror swap from my '08. I think the chrome looks good on the darker or various other colors, but on my silver XC it just seems a bit overkill for my taste with the other Executive chrome accents. As my vehicle is a daily driver, and I'd prefer to not be without mirror covers, the only caveat would be that I would want yours shipped before mine were sent back to you. I recently performed a similar trade with a forum member for their front inlet grilles, and fortunately they were able to be without them for a few days and had a 2nd vehicle. I figure in the end you are getting the "pricier" item and better end of the deal, so hopefully someone is up for this trade and wants to PM me.

I can provide images of each mirror cover, and would like the same from your end. Thanks~ :snowcool:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Bummer I don't have a silver 90 here! I would trade you in a heartbeat, but then again we would be in the same boat about silver and chrome. Did you check erievolvo.com for used caps? They might have them cheap.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bummer I don't have a silver 90 here! I would trade you in a heartbeat, but then again we would be in the same boat about silver and chrome. Did you check erievolvo.com for used caps? They might have them cheap.
I didn't see just the covers on that site, and I'm not going to pay to replace them if I can find someone for a swap. The chrome/polish isn't ideal, but until there's a matching set I'll just run them and be content. :p (update - I ended up selling my Executive covers and getting brand new, matching Volvo OEM covers)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts