SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:<P>I am new to Volvo and this format. I also have an Audi and post regularly on that site. Who besides IPD makes performance chips? I have a 00 XC SE and want to investigate up grading the chip or exaust.<P>Thanks,<P>John

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a company called Rica that makes chips for Volvos. I dont know if they have any 2000 model chips though. And the best one of all that I would go with is SCT. Scandanavian Car Tuning. <A HREF="http://WWW.Volvo-Tuning.com" TARGET=_blank>WWW.Volvo-Tuning.com</A> I think that they are on the same level as IPD if not higher. And if you have a C70, SCT is the place you have to check out.<P>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does <A HREF="http://www.volvo-tuning.com" TARGET=_blank>www.volvo-tuning.com</A> sell in the US as well? I only found Krona (sp?) pricing on the web.<P>I do see my 2000 V70R on the list. How reputable are these guys? I've always had faith in IPD, but never really thought about anyone else. Why doesn't IPD have a chip for the 2000 yet?<P>Thanks,<P>Bill<P>[This message has been edited by o2bnme (edited 01-22-2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by o2bnme (edited 01-22-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah they ship to america. The exchange rate is like $1 U.S = 8-10 Krona its somewhere in that range. I have heard only good things about SCT. They have been around long and being located in Sweeden they have better access to Volvos than IPD does therefore I believe they know what they are doing just as much as IPD does if not more than them. <P>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks... I'll keep plugging away at them. They haven't been responding to my emails yet. Then again, I'm not in too much of a rush to get a chip... just doing the research now. The other car is getting priority on mods at this point. Exhaust goes on tomorrow and chip will come in a month or two for it (Audi TT Roadster).

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Check out <A HREF="http://www.awe-tuning.com/" TARGET=_blank>www.awe-tuning.com/</A> . Despite the fact that they do not as of yet offer chip tuning on their site I know from speaking to Todd Saeger that they (Garrett Lim) are producing chips for Volvo products.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks. I think I know Todd from the Audi forum. He's been great over there. I'll send him an email. It is a great company.<P>Bill

·
Registered
94 Posts
Update: <P>I got in touch with both AWE and SCT. Todd from AWE was helpful... So was SCT.<P>Sounds like SCT is in the process of trying to get a dealer to sell their product in this country. Personally, I'd prefer to have a US dealer to get support from.<P>Todd has asked me to get a look at my ECU part number. Anyone out there able to tell me how to get to the ECU? Is it in that black box on the starboard (right/passenger) side?<P>AWE resells GIAC chips. Todd just wants me to confirm that he really does have a chip available.<P>Oh, and both AWE and SCT said that the dealer could not remove their code from the system...which is a good thing!<P>I'll keep plugging away. I appreciate the assistance I've been given to date.<P>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts