SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by volvo5spd:
Hiyas!
Anyone chipped their 1.9T yet? If so, what did u use and how much of an improvement? A link would be great! Thanks all!

is there someone who even makes a chip for the 2001 S40? last time i talked to IPD about it, they had been having too many problems with the ECU in their '01 test car to be able to even guess when and if they were going to be able to market anything for the '01. apparently the '01 software is somewhat different from previous generations...

cheers!
e

·
Registered
415 Posts
The car performs great! Reliability is there, and no check engine lights. I received my chip right before I took off for Seattle, I drove the car to Seattle from Houston, Texas and back without any problems.

Keep in mind this is phase 1 of the modified chip version only contains turbo boost increase (which in my opinion is all you really need for these cars) but there is a version 2 coming which includes fuel settings and timing adjustment as well as the turbo pressure increase, which I will also test on my car.
I estimate a gain (with the current chip) of about 20-25hp with just turbo boost increase.

Keep in mind my car also has a straight pipe, free flow muffler, pipercross airfilter, bored/polished throttle body, and wastegate bleedoff so at this point in time I estimate the total hp with all upgrades to be somewhere around 220-230hp. I have not had time to go to the dyno so until I go I do not have hard numbers to give out but the estimates are close.
With 18" wheels I can burn rubber from a start, hehehe and yea the import kids love it!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gawd!! that sounds awesome!! u doing a sixty in less then 7 now i assume? geez, it must be fun blowing by r1ce cars along with bimmers!!!

Ray.

[This message has been edited by volvo5spd (edited 10-19-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts