SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Out of curiosity, can you add a turbo to the 2.4i, something similar to what the T5 has? And if so, then wouldn't give you more options for tuning since from what I've been reading it's hard to deal with the integrated turbo that the T5 has?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: (Pez)

you can check out scandinavian car tuning. they've got something for the NA 2.4. IMO not really worth it because as Pez said, only like a 10 hp gain, better off sticking with handeling and styling, want performance with the s40 go with T5 .

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (Imtheweezel)

You can add a turbo but the required changes to the electronics will make it cost prohibitive. He's probably better off admitting the mistake, taking the depreciation lumps, and buying a T5.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Re: (Imtheweezel)

Quote, originally posted by Imtheweezel »
Out of curiosity, can you add a turbo to the 2.4i, something similar to what the T5 has? And if so, then wouldn't give you more options for tuning since from what I've been reading it's hard to deal with the integrated turbo that the T5 has?

He'd end up spending far more for a custom solution (you can't retrofit the T5 turbo to the 2.4i as they're different engines) than they amount he'd lose on depreciation if he traded up.

This has been discussed at length in previous threads and the conclusion is always that there is no cost effective means of tuning the 2.4i engine that results in any significant increase.

UKMatt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Chip tuning options for "05 S40 NON TURBO? (TATTSGTI)

Thanks gents, I will pass this info on. He isn't into the tuning scene just a guy who's looking to get a little more out of his car. I was telling him that both of my GTIs' are chipped and he got excited.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: (ukmatt)

I personally would like an Evolve S40 option, you know the one that got all of our attention. 425 + hp, 305s out back but it seems REAL aftermarket will never reach this level. actually thought Don would come out with such a kit if possible , then again because he didn't probably wasn't possible.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (V50_T5)

US and Canada have 2.4i only or also 2.4?

If 2.4, which is 140 HP, it can be tuned to 180 HP. If it's 2.4i, 170 HP, there is only a 10 HP gain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts