SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who has a booster seat option this is a really great buy. I like it! No detailed description or "review", just sharing an actual picture of the product. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
For those of you who has a booster seat option this is a really great buy. I like it! No detailed description or "review", just sharing an actual picture of the product. :D

Looks good. Been thinking of getting this booster seat; does it work without the integrated booster seat? My local Volvo sales rep mentioned that the integrated booster seat isn't worth the cost and actually makes the seat thinner and less comfortable.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks good. Been thinking of getting this booster seat; does it work without the integrated booster seat? My local Volvo sales rep mentioned that the integrated booster seat isn't worth the cost and actually makes the seat thinner and less comfortable.
I have this exact setup and it is phenomenal. I love it and so does my 4 year old who uses it. I can't speak for the comfort of the seat without the integrated booster, but $250 isn't really that much for this option considering the safety and convenience of having it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Have one also, my daughter loves it. Perfect match to the R design interior. She originally complained she kept falling off the seat without it. Now she loves it. Only complaint is we had another car seat on the right of it, and it is very hard to buckle the middle belt in. We moved the seat to the driver side now so she can buckle it now(like how the op has his extra seat).

·
Registered
566 Posts
do you need the built in booster seat for this?

·
Registered
541 Posts
What the picture shows is a cover for the integrated booster seat. Volvo also sells a separate booster seat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It didn't work for us. Since we use the third row 100% of the time it can be problematic when sliding the second row seats. If anyone is interested buying ours, used only a couple of times, pm me.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It didn't work for us. Since we use the third row 100% of the time it can be problematic when sliding the second row seats. If anyone is interested buying ours, used only a couple of times, pm me.
We use our third row and don't have any issues with the added bolster. It does slightly hit it but is not an issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So my main reason for possibly purchasing would be to help my daughter when she naps as I see her head bobble she looks very uncomfortable. Can anyone attest to this helping out with this issue?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm so glad to read multiple people liking this set up. We're putting together our order and the one thing we must absolutely have is this child booster seat (making it necessary for us to order the car) In all the times we've been to the dealer, not once was this accessory seat mentioned. I only came across it by chance when looking through the accessory website. I was a little weary about my kid using the booster seat alone, but combined with this cover it am liking it even more. Are the specs any different when using this seat? Is the minimum requirement still 37" and what..maybe 35lbs?

·
Registered
223 Posts
So my main reason for possibly purchasing would be to help my daughter when she naps as I see her head bobble she looks very uncomfortable. Can anyone attest to this helping out with this issue?
I can. Same issue, was resolved by this upholstery. The booster seat IS a necesity (to answer the earlier questions).

I have it with the blonde interior, which doesn't of course look as 'integrated' as with the R-design interior, but it's a wonderful piece of kit. No hassle, not ruining the interior with bumps and scratches and so on. Only thing is I have to keep reminding my daughter not to put her feet on the controls of the rear A/C... I once brought in the car at the dealer for the A/C never shutting up, turned out my daughter ramped it up in the rear.... oops! ;-)

·
Registered
826 Posts
When you add up the booster seat option plus this accessory it makes it expensive for a booster without lateral head support. You can't use it in another car and its as much trouble of you want to convert back the seat temporarily for an adult. Which is the primary reason I see here for the Volvo booster option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'll buy it

I'll buy it, if you still have it. I just joined today so I can't send PMs yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts