SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we have a growing family and we usually use my wife’s Lincoln MKX for baby hauling duties with our toddler, but with one more baby on the way, I’ll be doing more tasks with our 2yo necessitating a car seat that we won’t have to keep sharing between the Lincoln and the much less spacious Volvo.

My wife is impatient and wants to pull the trigger immediately on something that gets good reviews, and completely balks at the idea of getting a Volvo product versus one that is reviewed well in more general circles. I’m concerned that whatever she chooses won’t fit in my back seat (currently looking for an outboard seat placement behind the passenger seat). Yesterday I tried putting my 2yo in my car with our shared seat and could barely fit him between the remainder of the door opening and the huge side bolsters on the damn thing.

What seats review well for safety and ease of use that can also fit in a 2011 S60? Is there a Volvo branded product that is worthwhile and guaranteed to match the safety of other options on the market, and if so, would it be able to work in non-Volvos if I get rid of mine in a year or two?

TL;DR The product needs to be able to be modular enough that it can work for a 2yo and then on into the future as he grows, in my S60 and then whatever car I get after that. Safety, size, and ease of use are my priorities, in that order. Your recommendations are very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I had the previous model of this current seat in the car and it fit perfectly. It can also be folded and lugged on a shoulder strap for travel. The seat is now in my wife's Outback. It's slim enough to fit three wide in a car (not that I have three children...)

https://us.diono.com/product/radian-3-r/

I have this in my car currently. Also fits very nicely on the bucket seat. I know LATCH isn't necessary with a booster but I like the peace of mind knowing the seat is still in place with our without my son in it.

https://us.diono.com/product/monterey-xt-booster/?color=grey-dark

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was just about to recommend the Radian carseat. It's a highly recommended seat for airplanes due to it's narrow profile. There are even folks who go 3 across with these since they lack the massive side bolsters the Gracos and Britax have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I currently have the Chicco MyFit Harness + Booster Car Seat sitting behind the passenger seat in our S60.

Daughter is 3 and a half and tall for her age, so with her in the back we have to have the front seat up probably about halfway. To give an idea, I'm 6'2" and can sit in that front seat with my knees just barely not touching the dash and the little one doesn't complain about her leg room. My wife is 5'7" and has no issues riding in the front seat even for "long" (3 hour) drives. Same with the little one, she has never complained about the seat at all and I think she stays "cooler" in it than she does in her other seat.

For info purposes, I also have a Chicco NextFit Zip Air that fits fine as well. although we leave that in the Jeep as it sits a little further forward.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Anyone know is who the OEM manufacturer of Volvo’s car seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts