1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Car should arrive late January early February.

My twins will be ready for boosters by that time. Has anyone purchased the Volvo child seat booster cushion with backrest for the XC90 or any other model?

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-482178/2016

Child seat, booster cushion/backrest
Absolutely. I have had two of them since 2001. Both my boys "grew up" with these seats and they have done two cross-country trips on those seats. Very convenience, very secure and very easy to move in or out of the car. Great for when they fell asleep and I did not have to worry about their heads falling to the side.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Got one too! Very nice... Too bad she is growing up, seat looks sooo nice!!

[XC70-MY2011-D5-SAPH.BLACK-18"MERAC-SIDE SCUFF-MUD FLAPS-ROOF SPOIL
SATNAV-SEATS: ELEC/HEATED/PERFORATED/VENT-MOONROOF-ADAPTXENON-DUAL EXHAUST-ELEC TAILGATE]

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I picked up 2 of them years ago when I had my S40 for my son and daughter. She is 8 now and uses the booster in both of our vehicles. She's a pro at it now, my son who's 10 has grown out of it. My family and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone please tell me if the seat bottom latches to the car seat? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
No, it doesn't latch to the seat. It sits between the child and the vehicle. It is held in place with the regular seat belt that it holds in the proper position for the child. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it doesn't latch to the seat. It sits between the child and the vehicle. It is held in place with the regular seat belt that it holds in the proper position for the child. I hope this helps.
That answers my question. Thank you.

I want to buy it for my twins when I get the car end of January. I was also thinking of buying the Britax Parkway SGL that latches to the seat which they state secures the booster to your vehicle to stabilize it during a crash and prevent it from becoming a projectile when not in use.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Grecian, would you use just the back rest then if you get the integrated booster in the middle row? Or the back only works with the Cushion?

I've been debating whether to get any back support or not as I'm having my son sit on the booster. Just need some head support for when he falls asleep more than anything else.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

I want to buy it for my twins when I get the car end of January. I was also thinking of buying the Britax Parkway SGL that latches to the seat which they state secures the booster to your vehicle to stabilize it during a crash and prevent it from becoming a projectile when not in use.
If you install this seat properly, in case of an accident, the seatbelt is aided by a pre-tensioner which will tighten up and keep the seat "glued" to the car.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
@Grecian, would you use just the back rest then if you get the integrated booster in the middle row? Or the back only works with the Cushion?

I've been debating whether to get any back support or not as I'm having my son sit on the booster. Just need some head support for when he falls asleep more than anything else.
The back works only with the cushion. The backrest alone will not be functional.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ca/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-482264/2016

Right now I'm just using the bottom cushion, it usually stays on the seat or slides to the floor in front of it. When I had my S40 and the little ones were smaller, I used the back and bottom, it snaps into place very well and has never moved much besides tilting over even under spirited driving conditions. Currently, my daughter likes the freedom of using it in any location she wants (she's fond of the third row) and I fear she'd loose that if it were latched to a particular seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump

Wondering if anyone has installed this booster into the middle seat of the second row... I know it's narrower than the outer seats but hoping it fits OK. Will have maxi-cosi seats on isofix either side (one pebble, one kore) so pretty limited on space!

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I got just the bottom for my daughter. She's nearly grown out of it now, but it was nice real wool and made in Sweden, not China! I bought it when I started here two years ago so my daughter could have her own Volvo. It's a nice simple design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts